deux

"eliza!" angelica yelled as she was putting in an earring.

eliza jumped up, "what?!" she squealed.

"morning." angelica responded innocently. eliza groaned and flopped back over.

"really, eliza you do need to get up." peggy said.

"why?"

"it's 9:00!" peggy shouted in shock. this alarmed eliza.

angelica, eliza, and peggy were supposed to be home by 9:30 and their home was about 40 minutes away from laurens home.

"oh god." eliza groaned as she slipped on a blue skirt and white shirt and tucked her shirt in. she wore tan sandals and packed up all of her things quickly, making sure not to leave her necklace and asking angelica if she would clip it on for her.

it was her mom's necklace, so the sisters cherished it, even though it was eliza's, that's what they decided since eliza looked best in it. but they all loved it, and they did figure eliza cherished it the most.

it was a silver locket with a picture of all three of the girls with their mother when they were very little. eliza looked the youngest, but peggy still was. eliza was grinning sheepishly in the photo and had a few missing teeth that she was very proud of as a child. angelica was still looking the oldest, and up to their mom's height, peggy was just a little bit shorter than angelica, but still taller than eliza by an inch or so.

eliza smiled as she and her sisters gathered their things and set off to leave the home. they walked downstairs to be greeted by laurens and alexander who were sitting down in their pajamas drinking coffee, probably talking about politics.

eliza smiled at hamilton and he returned it.

"morning, girls. you guys leaving?" hamilton asked sounding a bit sad.

"sadly, yes. morning to you, too." eliza whined and alex scoffed which eliza nudged him for.

"sleep well?" laurens asked.

"well i know i did." angelica groaned and peggy nodded in agreement.

"well, that's good, what about you eliza?" laurens said. eliza wasn't paying attention, staring off into space, or... the floor.

"huh?" she mumbled and looked up, alex looked at her concerned.

"you okay?" he asked, you could hear the concernment in his voice.

"y-yeah, just tired." eliza lied. she was a good liar, but she guessed alexander could see right through her because he asked to see her in the other room alone, she followed, looking at her hands the whole way there.

"what's wrong?" he whispered.

"n-nothing, i just said that." eliza reponded.

"you're lying, eliza. i can see right through you." alex stated.

"well you're the first." eliza mumbled.

"ooh im special." he said with pride and she giggled. "well im glad i made you smile."

"you're a dork." she teased, he gasped.

"eliza! so mean." he laughed, she nudged him again and he grinned.

"seriously though, what's up?" he said again more serious.

"i- i just-" she started as a tear rolled down her cheek which alex wiped away with his thumb.

"what is it, love?" he whispered.

"my mom died a year ago today, i know my sisters are sad about it too but they're really good at covering things up, their feelings, emotions.. meanwhile i'm n-not. im s-sorry." she was full out sobbing and alex was holding her tightly.

HELPLESS - hamliza ♡On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara