Chapter 16 - Games Interrupted

Start from the beginning

      "I have no idea, but it's pissing me off," he said, his voice low and rouge as he threw Juvia's arm over his shoulder and picked her up with one arm, so she sat and it let him pick Levy up again, drapping her over his left shoulder as he ran towards the only open exit. "I couldn't find Salamander, so I grabbed Levy and came to get you."

      "Wendy? Did you see her?"

      "If I had, I'd be holding three people at the moment," he said, slipping through the exit and stopped dead in his trail. Juvia's eyes widened from the fire that covered the sky, smoke running through people's houses. Bodies littered the streets, kids screaming for their parents and parents screaming for their children. "Holy crap. What the hell is going on?"

        Gajeel turned away from the commotion and ran towards the lodge, running past burning houses and dead bodies. Juvia couldn't bear to look around, the smell of burning rubber and flesh meeting her nose and she wanted to vomit. 

        When the lodge came into view, Gajeel kicked the door open, the entire lobby completely empty. He placed Juvia on the couch and Levy on the other one, stuffing a pillow underneath her head as he did. He turned to the door but Juvia grabbed his wrist before he could walk out of the door. 

        "Where are you going? This place could get attacked as well," she said, desperation in her dry voice. 

        "I'm going to find Wendy," he said. "Hopefully she's still alive, after that fall. I'll return here with her, okay?"

          Juvia hated what she said next. "What if you can't find her? Or what if you do, and she's already dead?" She hated thinking that the Sky Dragon Slayer died in the fall, she most likely didn't, but the possibility was still brightly there.

         Gajeel seemed to growl with rage at the question. "I'll find her, dead or alive," and he ran out the lodge, slamming the door shut behind him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        When Wendy let go of Gajeel's hand, she screamed, the wind knocking her around like a feather. Her pigtails whipped across her face as she twirled through the air, screaming at the top of her lungs. As she went down, large rocks hit her in the back and arms, drawing blood. 

        The ground began to near and she sucked in a large breathe, her cheeks puffing out as she ate the air around her. When she roared, a burst of air sprinted out of her mouth, hitting the ground. It made the dirt fly and Wendy felt herself floating, her roar bouncing off the broken walls of the arena. It was covered by another explosion and when she closed her mouth, she hit the ground but with less impact. 

        Wendy gasped, her face kissing the ground as she lifted herself up, rolling onto her back. She slowly sat up and heard screaming above her. She glanced up and saw Juvia tumbling down, her blue hair looking like a small wave as she screamed at the top of her lungs, "Water Body!" Wendy silently watched as Juvia hit the ground, her legs and arms becoming a puddle of water. 

         She smiled at the bluenette but a shadow fell over her and she glanced up to find the floor of the balcony tumbling towards Juvia, but she held it with a Water Lock. More rocks tumbled towards her, and Wendy rolled out of the way when a large boulder slammed into the spot she had currently been in before. It blocked the view of Juvia and Wendy didn't notice another boulder tumble towards her until it crashed into her leg, making her scream but it was covered by another explosive. 

        She glanced down at her right leg, blood seeping underneath where it was covered. She felt tears run down her face as she carefully pushed it off, the boulder not being as heavy as she thought it was. It rolled across the arena floor and she looked away from her leg, the crushed bone sticking out of her skin.