Prologue

"Dad I have already told you that I don't like the rodeo in any form or fashion!" Caisson declares throwing her arms up before letting them fall at her sides with a smack.

Her dad, Henry, rubs his hand over his face, "I know that Cay, but you don't even have to watch the rodeo! All you have to do is sit at your table and take orders for your custom made leggings." He says the words as if he is making a business deal, not talking to his daughter about spending time with the family.

"I'll think about it." With that she hurries up the stairs to her old bedroom and buries her face in the pillow on the bed. Nothing discussed her more than the partying life style the rodeo brought and going to rodeo school just a year ago didn't change that. Neither did the constant pressure she received from most of her family.

Ever since she had been born she had been descended to be the rodeo star of her generation, but the traveling and partying life is far from what she has ever seen for herself. Her vision of life is get a job, have a year or so to be Caisson before settling down with a guy, getting married and having kids, but no one saw that. Even after her brother got into roping and made it to the NFR and placed fifth, it wasn't enough. Her grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and sometimes even her brother still nagged at her about getting in it and to the top.

A knock at the door causes her to lift her head and cock one eye open, "Come in."

Her brother, Colton sits on the bed beside her, "Cay, just try it. You would get so many orders! Do you know how many guys ask me where I got my belt, and chaps for broncs?"

"Do you know how many of them would turn me down when they found out I was your sister and a girl?" She retorts.

He sighs, "Caisson! Just give it a shot and if all else fails I will keep them from knowing that you are my sister."

"Colton! You go and just tell them you made them."

He crashes his hand against his face, "Caisson, tell me what this is really about."

"What do you mean? You know that I don't like the rodeo and you know why so just drop it and leave." She sighs and covers her head with the pillow.

He yanks the pillow away and looks her dead in the eyes, "Tell me the real reason."

She sighs and climbs off the bed, "No."

Before he could say a word she was out the bedroom door and down the stairs. She runs to the barn and grabs a bridle. She slips it on one of her dad's old rodeo horses and vaults onto his back.

When is life going to slow down? When will my choices in life be enough to please them?

The slowing pace and the fence ahead pulls her from her thoughts. She pats the gelding's neck and allows a small smile to slip onto her lips. Just as she turns back to the house her phone rings, she grudgingly pulls it from her pocket and looks at the caller ID seeing it's a number she answers, "Hello?"

"Miss Beck, this is Greg Hardy would you be around your place so I could come by and we could talk about the design for my legging, tomorrow?" He asks.

She sighs in relief, "Of course, what time?"

"10:30 sound good?"

"Yes sir, see you tomorrow."

They hang up and she trots back to the barn. Pulling the bridle off the geldings head she thinks of the best way to truthfully tell her parents that she has to leave after being here for only a few hours. Finally deciding she has no choice, but to get the lecture about them never seeing her she heads to the house. Walking into the living room she closes her eyes dreading the expecting gazes that always turn to her, "I just a call from one of my big clients and he is going to be at my place tomorrow so we can discuss the design of his leggings, so it looks like I need to head out."