Chapter 4

Original Stats:
830 Views. 20 Votes. 11 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 4

━━━━━━━━━

Chase leaned back on the desk that used to be his wife's so long ago. Bree laughed as the memories of the two doing the exact same thing came to mind. She was seated in the chair just next to where Chase always took claim on the desk. He laughed lightly as he reached out for her hand. She gladly took it in her own as she slid back in the chair slightly.

"Shall we check out what my old office looks like?" Chase teased as he stood up, bringing Bree up with him. She nodded happily, letting the image of their first meeting play in her head.

Chase walked over to the door and pushed it open surely. Inside, sat a dark room that had only been cleaned every two weeks for over twenty years, never since used. Yes, Chase came down to the fourth floor every once in a while to check up on his old office, but he basically resided on the top floor along with his father now. Donald Davenport was still as into the company as ever. Even in his seventies, he kept going. Tasha made more visits to the top floor to sweep him off to their mansion. Mainly to reprieve both Bree and Chase, and Leo himself. Leo had specifically asked he be set on the eighth floor in testing with Adam simply because he couldn't handle Donald Davenport and his ego all day all day long.

"It looks scarily the same." Bree stated sarcastically as she roamed around the small room. The room still held the small couch on the left side of the room, the large desk at the center, the grand office chair just behind that Chase used to sit in, the small chair on the opposite side of the desk in which Bree usually occupied, and the long arrays of filing cabinets around the back and right side of the room. The ones along the back wall were still the same black color Bree remembered, those ones specifically only raising three feet off the ground. While the tan ones on the right were about five feet tall.

Chase smiled as he looked to see Bree glancing from side to side. A small picture of the two on their wedding day from Times Square sat on the edge of the desk. The balloons were falling around the couple as they kissed their way into married life. Bree brought her hand up to glance down at the ring she still was amazed by every day as Chase picked up the picture. Bree had framed it for Chase to have on his desk right before he moved up to the top floor. There was a much larger portrait of the same picture in Chase's office on the top floor, which could have been the only reason he had forgotten it.

"I feel bad now." Chase mumbled lightly as he brushed off the picture. Bree rolled her eyes before making her way over to him and wrapping her arms around his torso.

"Don't. You had that gigantic one made and put it up in your office. Plus, that picture has been on every magazine cover in the United States. All we need is the memory." Bree went on, not wanting Chase to feel bad for leaving some small picture behind in his old office. The two both had assumed that Donald would grow tired of sharing the space with his son and would have forced him back down to the fourth floor. Chase had left a lot of things behind, not knowing until now.

"Fine. But I'm still making it up to you." Chase teased before a knock at the door sounded. Bree laughed and walked over, pulling the door open to reveal Adam on the other side. A sly smile graced Adam's face as he strolled into the office.

"Oh the memories in here. Are you two sure you want Clarity to have this office? I can think of way too many times I found you two in here-"

"Okay. Maybe Clarity should have another office." Bree interrupted, knowing what Adam was saying to be far too true.