Chapter 1

Original Stats:
2.3K Views. 44 Votes. 35 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

[Cast List]

Clarity Davenport: Kelli Berglund (Blonde)

Blake Greenberg: Billy Unger

Andrew Davenport: Brendan Dooling

Amanda Richardson: Vanessa Marano

Murphy Grant: Tyler James Williams

Zander Kennedy: Freddie Stroma

Chase Davenport: Topher Grace

Bree Davenport: Diane Lane

Adam Richardson: Josh Duhamel

Leo Dooley: Denzel Washington

Marcus Greenberg: Chris Pine

Donald Davenport: Hal Sparks

Tasha Davenport: Angel Parker

Douglas Greenberg: Jeremy Kent Jackson

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 1

━━━━━━━━━

She walked up the stairs of Davenport Industries that she had grown to know all too well over her twenty three years. Her twenty fourth birthday would be coming soon enough, leaving her parents to try and figure out what the girl could want more than to help her brother run the family company. Even her uncle Leo had gotten a share of the company way back when. Her father had been oh-so-reluctant to do so at first, until her grandfather, and original CEO of the company, Donald Davenport, had forced him to do so.

She clicked the eighth floor button as she entered the elevator, luckily enough, no one else had been around to join her for the ride. That was one reason she wanted an elevator key to the 'private' elevator. She wouldn't have to ride the elevator with anyone she wasn't acquainted with. The elevator doors slid open slowly, revealing the floor she had missed for the last few months. College had kept her all too busy this year. She was looking forward to some kind of internship with her father. That way she could be closer with her family.

She smiled as she met the eyes of her adoptive uncle, Adam Richardson. The man just so happened to act as her god-father as well. Adam and her father had been best friends since she could remember. The two getting even closer when her own father had taken a share of the company, making Adam his short term assistant at the time. She had to admit, even she had grown very close with Adam's daughter, Amanda. It must run in the two families.

"Clarity." Adam greeted as he stood up from his work station. She personally loved the eighth floor the best. It was slightly because the floor was Adam and Leo's work floor, but also because they had the best coffee. People were always easier to deal with up here. She laughed and wrapped her arms around the man she had missed for quite some time now. She had found a place across town to move into while she finished up her last year of business school. She had been hopping the diploma in her bag would prove to her father she could take over before her younger brother, Andrew Davenport. Nothing would make her more happy. Mainly because she was the older sibling. She deserved it after all the work she had done.