The Rise of Lin Chung

"Look out!" Cosima shoved Mighty Ray out of the path of an attack.

"Thanks, Cos!" Ray nodded and fired at incoming fireflies.

"Save it, banana head. We have a battle to win." Cosima lit her hands and fired along side him.

The fireflies began retreating, and Cosima watched as they joined into a large tornado. At the base of it, Lin Chung could be seen only for a second before the fireflies set in around him.

"Lin!" Cosima ran to the funnel and looked for a way to get him out.

"Jumpy's turn!" Jumpy pulled out his rope and attacked the tornado, opening a small hole.

Cosima pitched in and struggled to keep the hole wide enough. Yaksha reached in and grabbed Lin, dragging him out.

"Are you okay?" Cosima kneeled beside Lin.

"I'm sorry." Lin snapped out of his confused state and looked around.

"Just don't do that again." Cosima stood and looked at the firefly king. "Launch me up there. I have a few words to share."

Yaksha became a sling shot which fired Cosima to the firefly king. Her hands aflame with blue and red colors, she attacked. The fireflies quickly retreated and Cosima rejoined first squad.

"I could really use some noodles right about now." Cosima smiled and stretched.

"Lets get back to Big Green." Me. No Hands led the team back.

Everyone but Lin Chung was in the meeting room, stuffing their faces with noddles. Cosima looked around for her friend and frowned, not seeing him.

"Where is Lin?" Cosima spoke, mouth full.

"I'm leaving." Lin appeared in the doorway.

"Oh no you aren't." Cosima glared.

"Some things are bigger than first squad." Lin closed the door and left.

"You could say that again..." Cosima looked down and went back to her seat.

"Wait. You're just letting him walk off?" Mighty Ray looked in confusion.

"Yes. He must have something important to do if he were to leave this suddenly." Cosima poked at her noodles.

The creaking sound of the door opening caused everyone to look. A figure jumped in and closed the door.

"Lin Chung!" Sonya smiled.

"Why go for the knockoff when you can have the original?" a member of second squad, Kawloon.

"Say that again. I dare you." Cosima lit her hands.

"I simply heard there may be an opening on First Squad." the boy smirked.

"Yes, but sorry you're too late. It's filled by Lin Chung." Sonya glared.

"Wait. Cosima, stand down. We may need him. We don't know how long Lin Chung will be gone." Mr. No Hands spoke.

Cosima muttered under her breath and put her hands out. Kawloon sat beside Cosima in Lin's place and grabbed a bowl of noodles, stuffing his face. Jumpy spoke, saying how good the food was.

"Yeah. Lin Chung doesn't know what he's missing." Mighty Ray gulped more down.

"Maybe he does and that's why he left. Some warriors think they don't need anyone else." Kawloon smiled.

"Say one more negative thing about Lin. Do it please. I've got an itchy trigger finger." Cosima growled.

"I assume you've accepted me?" Kawloon slurped some noodles.