Peacock Castle

Nearly all of first squad was sitting in the meeting room, waiting patiently for Sonia to arrive so they could have a talk.

"Sorry I'm late." She rushed in, her hair all styled.

"You're getting as bad as me, Sonia." Cosima smiled, leaning back against her chair.

"We need a better way to tell time." Mr. No-Hands started the meeting.

Suddenly the alarm went off and everyone jumped down their tubes. Landing on their turtles, they only had a moment before they were launched. Cosima clung to her turtle. The scars from the battle over the treasure went through her eye that was covered with an eye patch. Lin looked over at his injured teammate apologetically.

"Cosima, I'm-" he started and she glared.

"Shut it, Lin. It wasn't your fault. I'm fine, and you've apologized a thousand times. It's fine." Cosima sighed.

Lin looked down at the ground passing beneath his turtle for a minute before they ramped off of Big Green. They raced to the large peacock castle and jumped down.

"Be careful. We don't know what might happen." Mr. No-Hands warned, slowly walking inside.

Inside, there were humans serving a large golden peacock with help from Apetrully? Everyone looked in confusment.

"Ahhh, just a few minutes till tea time. We need the tables and chairs set up." The queen announced.

"Tea time?" Cosima asked in confusion.

"Hush, it is tea time!" the queen snapped.

Cosima stepped back with the group as the queen helped herself to some tea. Lin Chung stepped up.

"We ask you to release Apetrully and the humans. It is not right to force another living creature to work." he said.

"They aren't forced... They just love my beauty so much that they do my bidding. See?" The queen stood and glared out her tail, shaking it lightly, causing the feathers to glimmer.

Mighty Ray, Jumpy, and Mr. No-Hands were quickly under the spell from her tail. Lin and Cosima just ingnored the tail shimmer and Sonia focused on herself in the mirror. The queen looked outraged.

"Why didn't you three look at my tail and fall in love?!" she whined.

"I have something better to look at." Lin and Cosima said at the same time.

"I have myself to be in love with." Sonia patted her curly hair.

The queen frowned and rehid her tail. "Fine, then I challenge you to show me what's better than my beautiful tail." she started walking out.

Lin, Cosima, and Sonia followed her to the top of a volcano and watched smoke erupt from it. The peacocks were throwing in rocks to keep the smoke going.

"See if you three can produce something to put out the volcano." she smirked and fanned her tail at the smoke, causing it to go out. "Your turn." She pointed at Lin.

The smoke bellowed out from the volcano again and Lin looked nervous. "Cosima, please come here."

"What Lin?" she stepped forward.

"Can you put out this smoke?" he looked over at her.

"Of course." she held up her hands and the smoke vanished before she could do anything.

"How?" Lin looked confused.

"Ummm, magic?" she smiled.

The queen rolled her eyes. "You're next. And you have to use what you kept in mind that stopped you from falling under my control."

Cosima sighed and looked to Lin. "Please?"

Lin nodded and picked up his bamboo staff, twirling it fast enough to send the smoke away. It was Sonia's turn and she used the peacock's fan to try and put out the flames. The flames never went down, instead, they rose and burnt her. She fell, defeated and sobbing. Cosima and Lin looked at each other while Sonia contemplated what to do.

"You kept me in mind to keep out of reach from the peacock queen's spell?" Cosima asked.

Lin nodded. "You kept me in mind as well, didn't you?"

Cosima sighed and nodded. "I did..."

The two stepped towards each other and leaned their heads in. Cosima closed her eyes, waiting, and there was a subtle cough from beside them. Cosima opened her eyes and glared at Mighty Ray.

"Um, not to disturb the moment, but shouldn't we be helping Sonia?" he asked.

Lin nodded and stepped back. Cosima looked down at her feet in embarrasment. The rest of first squad ran to aid their teammate while Cosima stood on the volcano still.

"Daughter." the voice spoke.

"What?" she sighed.

"You are growing too attached to your team. Come home." the man growled.

"No." she looked down at her feet.

"Now." He said slightly louder.

"I'm getting closer father, into their ranks and trust. If I leave now that progress will be gone. And besides, I have our greatest enemy wrapped around my finger." she smirked slightly.

"Fine. Just be sure it doesn't reverse." the presence left her head and Cosima looked up to see Lin there.

"Are you coming? We are going back." He smiles at her.

"I'm coming." she smiled and quickly kissed his cheek before rushing down the volcano's side.