Pitched Battle of the Air Force: Part 1

"Lin, this art is good." Cosima smiled at the portrait Lin did of her.

"Thank you. But it is the subject that makes it what it is." Lin smiled and looked at the picture.

"It's alright. It's not as good as science though." the inventor of the group said, looking at his nails.

"You're right." Lin frowned and began tearing apart several drawings, except the ones that had Cosima in them.

"Mind if I help?!" The inventor cheered and ripped one apart.

Cosima glared at the little man and grabbed him by the front of his shirt, her eyes chagining to their red color.

"When I set you down, you are going to apologize to Lin, then piece together every. ripped. picture. Got it?" Cosima growled, her hair flying around her, giving it a devilish look.

"Y-yes, ma'am..." the man whimpered and ran to Lin when he was set down.

Lin was kneeling on the ground and putting together pieces of his paintings. Cosima went to look and saw he was putting together the different animal parts.

"Lin that is absolutely idi-"

"Astonishing!" The inventor cheered. "Lin Chung you have given me inspiration! We should make a book of these so everyone can enjoy them!"

Soon books of the images were sent out for all to enjoy. Cosima still held a grudge against the little inventor, but put it off to help Lin with the making of the book.

"Alright, I'm going to go eat. I'll bring you back some buns and rice." Cosima pat Lin's shoulder before going off to eat with the Air force.

"It's about time you got here, Cosima." their leader growled.

"Sorry. I was helping Lin Chung with his new book." Cosima sat next to the group and began eatting.

"There's no time for food! The bald eagle army had been spotted!" Apetrully ran in, panicking.

"Air Force, deploy!" The leader yelled and jumped on his plane as they took off.

Cosima watched from the hanger door and looked as the planes were almost instantly shot down. She hurried to the top of Big Green and put her hands up. A shield began to form around the giant shell as the Air Force landed. Cosima kept the shield up, stuggling to sustain it.

"Come on, just a little longer..." Cosima fell to her knees, putting every inch of energy into the shield.

"Cosima, let the shield up!" Lin yelled at her from the hanger.

Cosima sighed in relief and let the shield disappear. Sliding down to the hanger, she was nearly hit by Mighty Ray and Sonya flying out of the hanger.

"They'll crash! They don't know how to fly those things!" one of the Air force members yelled.

"Then go get them! Lin, get on a plane and go help. I'll be right behind you." Cosima ordered.

"But how are you going to get airborne?" Lin looked in confusion.

"It's time I test a couple theories." Cosima smiled and lit her hands a flame before jumping out of the hanger.

"Cosima!" Lin yelled.

"There is water right outside the hanger. She won't fall far, but it might hurt a bit." Apetruelly explained.

A splash of water could be heard along with cursing from an angry voice.

"See she's fine." Apetrully looked as the two planes that were holding Mighty Ray and Sonya rammed into the Eagle Army.

Cosima ran to where she saw the planes go down and saw Sonya out cold with the others. The eagles stood and took their bats off their heads before throwing them at the girl. Cosima dodged as watched the bats lodge into the metal of the planes. The eagles then grabbed the hens and used them as weapons with their eggs firing. A stray egg managed to catch Cosima in the chest who fell down.

Lin helped Mighty Ray upon his arrival and then saw Cosima down, a hord of splattered eggs around her. Assuming the worst, he ran to her.

"Cosima!" Lin looked as Cosima coughed dramatically.

"Lin... This is it. I can see the light..." Cosima groaned.

"Cosima. You were only hit once. By an egg." Lin sighed, relieved she was alright.

"I'm dying, Lin!" Cosima grabbed his shirt.

"No you're not." Lin sighed and picked her up.

"Tell my family, I love them." she coughed again.

"We are all practically right here." Lin rolled his eyes.

Cosima fell limp in his arms and stuck her tounge out for effect.

"I'm going to go check on Sonya and Jumpy. Stay here." Lin dropped Cosima to the ground.

"Oh, I see where your loyalties lie!" Cosima sat up, outraged. "I'm dying over here and you just drop me and say stay like I'm a freaking dog! What if I really was dying?"

"Cosima. You got hit by one egg. I'm fairly sure you weren't dying." Lin sighed.

"What if I swallowed one? What would you do then? Couldn't tell if I swallowed one or not." Cosima stood.

"Now is not the time. We need to regroup back at Big Green and welcome our new allies." Lin sighed and helped Jumpy up.

"Who?" Cosima looked and saw the hens and bats were now on their side as the eagles had left them. "Oh."

"Let's get back." Lin sighed and helped Cosima stand.

"Fine. But you are not forgiven." Cosima huffed and walked away from him.

"Cosima, Sonya and Jumpy were hurt." Lin reasoned.

"You'll be hurt in a minute if you don't leave me alone." Cosima huffed and walked away. "Besides. They were starting to get up anyways."

"Cosima, you aren't being yourself." Lin went towards her.

"Hm, neither are you." Cosima walked a different path to Big Green and left the rest of the group.

Cosima sat on a rock and looked around.

'Daughter. What are you doing?' the voice echoed in her head.

' I'm destroying my progress with Big Green.' Cosima sighed.

'Well stop it. If you ever want to come home again, I suggest you return to that group.' the voice growled.

'Sorry, but you're the one who wanted me to stay with the group. I got attached. Suck it.' Cosima winced as pain went through her.

'I made you, I can break you.' the voice spoke.

'Do it. I dare you.' Cosima grimaced as the pain became more intense.

'I will.' the presence left her head and she sighed.

"Finally alone." Cosima smiled gratefully and looked at the darkening sky. "Wait. It's midday."

A cloud of black passed by her and she watched as more of High Roller's goons flew above her.

"Hero's work is never done." Cosima smiled and raced towards Big Green.