Chapter 5

Elsa's dream ended abruptly, as she was shaken back into reality. Her eyes opened, eyelashes faintly batting against her lids when she blinked.  Throwing her hand behind her back in search of Massimo's warm body, surprised to only find cold sheets. She laid on her bed debating whether or not she should get up. Her muscles felt weak, just like her energy. But she did want to see Massimo, making her final decision.
  "Pouah!" she scoffed, rolling over in her slovenly sheets as the sunlight hissed at her face.  Her disheveled, bright blonde curls were scattered across her pillow, and every breath she exhaled smelled faintly of ammonia and eviscerated, decomposing corpses. Thankfully, Massimo had left, so she had nobody to share this putrid moment with. Glancing around her room, she noticed a messy assortment of notebooks, freshly-sharpened colored pencils and other stationery items giving her a great aesthetic pleasure. Slowly but surely, she pushed herself out of bed, letting her feet hit the cool, wooden floor.

"Massimo...." Elsa hummed softly stepping out from their bedroom.

No answer.

She furrowed her brow and decided to look around the house. But no sight of him.

"Where the hell is...." She groaned under her breath.

Looking around the whole home, he was nowhere to be seen. She huffed in frustration and threw herself on the couch in her living room.  She had always kept a jar of mints around her house, seeing them she popped one in her mouth. About 5 minutes later, A cool waft of air drifted over her followed with a slam of a door.

"Ooo its cold out there....." Massimo chuckled walking into the living room, cheeks and nose both a glowing red. Elsa tried to stay mad at him, but looked at his face and a smile quickly replaced her frown.

"Where have you been....." She whined getting up and hugging him.  She buried her head in his chest trying to share her heat with his chilled body.

"I walked around the backyard....I am still cautious about walking along the streets, the americans could show up anytime...." He said smiling down at her. She nodded slightly and squeezed his forearm.

"So....what are we gonna do today?" She asked smiling wildly up at him.

"I was thinking.....I haven't drawn in awhile...And I want my first drawing to be of you....." He dropped his eyes as a little blush crept up his neck, spreading across his cheeks.

Elsa smiled, she know knew why coloured pencils and old sketch books littered their room. She giggled at the innocence of this man infront of her.

"If it will keep you busy.....its fine with me..." She hunmed propping herself up onto her tippy toes to kiss his cheek. He smiled gratefully and left her walking down to their room to gather the supplies he needed.

Quickly returning, he told Elsa to get comfortable on the couch. She propped up her head with her hand resting on her cheek, her other arm rested just infront of it hanging of the arm of the couch. Her long legs were stretched out, the length of the couch crossing at the ankle.  She looked at Massimo as he just started at her.

"You are so beautiful...." Massimo whispered.
Elsa giggled and smiled.

"I love you....." she replied sweetly

He sat down placing his sketch book on his knee, and then he began.  His hand moves effortlessly over the thick paper,  almost as if his mind is directing his hand without him, odd perhaps, but that's the way it is.  His hand moves instinctively to the right spot, building a new picture, not one detail went unnoticed. Every shadow or beauty mark Elsa had, Massimo made sure to draw it. Every so often he would look up and concentrate on one part of her body, making her blush and giggle.  Both so concentrated on each other the whole world stopped around them and it seemed as if were only them.

Massimo dropped his pencil, and looked away from Elsa. His expression went from concentrated to scared and agitated, thats when Elsa began to worry.

"Massimo wha-" he cut her off.

"Shhhh...." he hissed quickly getting up of the chair and running over to Elsa.

"The americans....they are here...." He yelled whispered at Elsa.

Her eyes quickly filled with fear as she remembered the last run in she had with them. In shock she couldn't do anything but stare up at Massimo.

"Quickly...get up....we need to hide!!" He said throwing her over his shoulder and dashed down to their bedroom.

He closed the door softly behind them and dropped Elsa on their bed. He ran to their closet and pushed open the little slider door. On the roof was a little door leading to the attic. His long arm reached up and popped the little door open. He motioned for Elsa to come and in a swift movement he lifted her up, in which she had to use some of her own strength to pull herself up. A loud thud echoed into their room and Elsa began to panic. She managed to pull herself up, and now Massimo needed to come up. The voices grew louder and louder.

"Massimo hurry...." She whined reaching for him. He looked away from her and closed the closet door, quickly he jumped up and grabbed a hold of both sides of the little hatch frame. Using all his muscles he pulled himself up, With the help of Elsa of course. She quickly closed the little door and jumped into Massimo. Trembling she looked up at him.

"Will they find us here....." She whispered.

Without answering massimo put his finger to her lip, a gentle signal to stop talking. She took hint and shut her mouth.

"THIS WILL BE A GOOD PLACE TO STAY!!" A loud voice yelled through the home. Several other slightly muffled voices could be heard agreeing.  Elsa inhaled deeply looking up at Massimo.

"Its okay...." he mouthed. She nodded silently and cuddled her head back into his chest.

-----////-----

4 hours had past and nothing could be heard, Maybe they left. Maybe they are asleep, maybe maybe maybe is all Elsa could think about.

Her and Massimo couldn't stay up there much longer. They needed to get out.

"Massimo...." she whispered
"yea..."
"we need to get out of here....."
"We will leave at night....when they are all asleep...." he said coldly

she just stayed silent. The thought of moving scared her. What if they were to get caught, what would they do to her....or Massimo....

--//--

What do you guys think is going to happen???

XxJLxX