Chapter 4

Edited

Author
The next day, Viren woke up late. His sleep was disturbed by a knock on the door. He lazily opened his eyes to see the time and was shocked to see the time. It was 9.

How could I sleep for this late?

These words were roaming in Viren's mind when he went to see who was at the door. It was room service. He gave Viren his breakfast and wished him a happy day ahead. Viren smiled and thanked the person before closing the door.

Placing the tray on the table, Viren made his way towards the bathroom to freshen up. After doing his business, he closed the door behind him and went to have his breakfast.
Lifting the tray above the food, he saw what he had today for his morning meal. It was cucumber and tomato sandwich this morning along with cold coffee. He took a sip from his drink and started eating his sandwich.

While eating breakfast, his thoughts wandered back to yesterday. A small smile accompanied by blush, adorned Viren's face.

He shook his head when he remembered that Jeevika managed to sneak into his dreams too. He remembered only some of the dream.

Jeevika was wearing a purple colour dress with her hair open. She was admiring the scenery before her.

Snow covered mountains standing in a round, forming a natural basin around the teal blue lake. Beautifully coloured flowers blooming all around the lake. A tree standing all alone in its glory, its branches forming shades, under which Viren sat. The brightly shining sun completed the magnificent view but its warmness doing nothing to stop the pleasant climate.

Standing up, Viren walked a few steps and took a content sigh. He watched as Jeevika bent down and inhaled the scent of each flower with her eyes close and a small smile on her full lips.

"Jeevika!" Viren called out, startling her. She stood up and asked him what's wrong. "Stop now. I want to spend time with you but you are busy with these flowers. Come here please." He requested, giving her a puppy look.

Jeevika shook her head, laughing as she ran towards him. Wind blowing through her hair, making them run wild around her face.

Viren opened his arms to catch her so that she wouldn't fall.
But she hugged him so hard that they both tumbled to the ground, covered with fresh green grass.

They laughed seeing the position in which they were. Jeevika above Viren with her hands on his chest while his hands took their place on her waist.

All around them vanished as they got lost into the depths of each other's eyes.

Viren snapped out of his thoughts and hurriedly ate his breakfast as he was getting late for work.

Today he had to visit the other hospital where some victims were admitted. He was disappointed that he couldn't see Jeevika today and maybe yesterday was the last encounter they would have had. But still, he had perform his duties.

On the other side, Jeevika woke up as her hand accidentally touched the railing of the bed which made her wince in pain. Her mother was not in the room

She must have gone to have breakfast

Jeevika thought as she gently took the drip out and uncovered herself with the blanket. She slowly and steadily got out of the bed and made her way to the washroom.

It was a difficult task to freshen up but she did it on her own somehow. She came back after few minutes. With an injured foot, Jeevika was having a really hard time in walking.

She stopped when the pain intensified. Grabbing the chair, she sat down and massaged her knee which was swollen. While tending to her bruised knee, she remembered someone. Someone who helped her yesterday to get back to the bed. Someone who talked to her when she was all alone.

Viren

A light smile crossed her face when she remembered Viren.

He was surely handsome.

Her smile widened as she thought of Viren. But her pain brought her back to reality. She slowly went to her bed with the help of her surrounding furniture. By the time she reached her bed, Asha came. She helped Jeevika settled in and then called the nurse to check her daughter.

-------------

Kaur D