Chapter 2

Edited

Author
The next day, Viren woke up  early as he got order from his Sir to reach the hospital where victims from yesterday's disaster were admitted. Reading the words 'victim' and ' disaster ', Viren remembered Jeevika.

Reaching the hospital, he saw his one of his colleagues, Officer
Rajeev Mehra. Viren greeted him and they both discussed the situation.

"Is the disaster management clan here?" Viren asked Rajeev.

"I'm afraid not, Sir. We informed them about the earthquake and they promised to be here today by 9 but still no sign of them." Rajeev informed.

Viren sighed "Call them again and say it's urgent."

"Yes sir." He left after saluting Viren.

~~~~~~~~

Two hours later, Viren was sitting idol on the hospital chair near the reception. He was lost in his thoughts when he heard the receptionist calling him.

"Sir, can you help me?" The receptionist asked Viren.

Standing up, Viren replied, "Yes. What can I do for you?"

"Actually Sir, there is a patient whose family members haven't reached here due to some reasons. There is no nurse free at this time and the patient is all alone. So, Sir can you sit there for a while? Because we cannot leave the patient alone." She informed him.

"Of course. I'll sit there if the patient does not have any problem." Viren answered.

"Oh no, she doesn't have a problem with that."

"Thank you sir." The receptionist thanked Viren to which he nodded.

After the conversation with the receptionist, Viren went to the patient's room. Entering the room, he didn't found anybody there.

She must be in the bathroom.

Sighing, he sat down on the couch, waiting for her when his phone rang.

"Sir." Viren answered, seeing it was his Colonel.

"How's everything going Officer Viren? Everything under control?" Colonel asked.

"Yes sir, nothing to be worried about."

Ending the call he placed the phone back in his pocket.
After few minutes, he heard the door opening.

-------------

Kaur D