Reminisce

After taking my nap, I felt semi~ refreshed ....

I pondered on all that happened today. Thinking about on what took place at the store.

" What the hell was that creeping towards me in the restroom, " I thought going downstairs to do some laundry.

I mean really ? Is this something I need to see a doctor about ? I could heard it now, my mother would have a field day on this subject.

Not feeling where my thoughts were headed. I proceeded to do the laundry, throwing the dirty clothes in like I'm shooting free throws. Smiling when I didn't miss any until they were all in.

Later while watching the dryer, I start to think about why my mother treats me the way she does. It goes back to the summer I turned nine.

.......................

While on vacation, the family rented a cottage by an lake. And one day when all of the kids were swimming. We were having a competition on who could do the perfect cannon ball.

But when it was my turn, I chickened out because of the height of the giant boulder they were jumping off of. I can't remember if l was taking too long or I voiced I didn't want to.

So in one of my cousin's impatience, he decided to push me but I didn't go into the water. I slipped and hit my head on a smaller boulder below. Then I went sliding down into water to drown. After the kids got scared, ran for help as I sunk deeper and deeper under water.

But this is what I remember before everything went black...

While drowning, I could remember thinking. This is it?

Imagine, a nine year old thinking this sort of thing. It's horrible, right ?

They talk about how it's a white light that's seen but not me, all I saw was.....

That's all I could remember before waking in the hospital. I should be happy, I made it but what was really strange. The story my cousin Andre told me after I was discharged from the hospital.

" Shayla, you know I stayed behind to see if someone would walk pass to help because I couldn't swim all that well. I was yelling but it seemed like no one was around. Until this kid came out of nowhere, dived right in with no hesitation. He was something else almost like a fish or something the way he swam. In no time flat, he pulled you to safety, " he exclaimed.

" Do you know who he is ? Or what's his name ? So I can thank him, " I asked truly wanting to know.

" It's like he disappeared or something, I told your parents and the police all I knew. I even described him but they couldn't find him, sorry " he said with an sullen expression.

Till this day, I still wonder who the boy was and what's he doing now. Then suddenly the phone rang bringing me back to reality.

Picking it up, I see it's Carrie and answered the video call.

" Hey Shay what's good ? " she asked.

" Nothing, just doing chores, " I replied in a bored tone.

" Well let's hang ! We haven't in a while now plus I miss you girl ! " she grinned then fake pouts on screen.

Which made me laugh, I couldn't say no to that face.

" Well I guess I could plus I can't wait to see you cause I gotta tell you what happened to me at the store this morning," I told her wondering if I should tell her or not. But it's too late now because I know she's gonna keep pestering me about it until I give in.

" Oh really ? Is this something you can't say in front of yo husband, " Carrie smirked as I thought maybe because it might get back to my parents. They already think ill of me, I don't need to add another thing to the list if I can help it.

" Yeah, Is it ?! " a male voice spoke behind me.

It was Daniel with a " What the hell is going on "  look on his face. And he stood there waiting for me to answer. So I told Carrie that I'll call her back, sat my phone down.

" Um.... it was nothing just some lady cut me off on her scooter chair and the lines were long, " I tell him but why am I this nervous.

" It didn't sound like that was everything you had to say your friend, " he spoke with anger written on his face as he loosened his tie.

" Okay, believe what you wanna believe. Dinner's on the stove by the way, " I say over my shoulder taking the stairs to go get ready to meet Carrie. I really do need a break from him. And I really didn't wanna lose this friendship. Because god know how many I've lost because of him.

................

30 mins later...

Coming downstairs, freshly showered and dawning a new outfit. I'm truly excited, I could feel an smile form across my face. But it soon died when I heard.

" Where do you think you're going ? " Daniel said sitting on the couch with his arms crossed.

" I'm going out with Carrie, " I told him heading towards the door but was pulled back into his chest as his arms wrapped around my waist.

" But I'm not letting you go through, " he said kissing my neck.

Thanks for reading! 😄

Sorry for the errors 😢

Is anyone enjoying this story? This chapter is a little longer than the one before it , might go back and forth between short and long chapters tho 😅

And as always please don't forget to vote, comment and share!👌