Alternate Ending

(this is only short!)

Lucy got dressed excitedly. After a day of not seeing Natsu, she was really looking forward to seeing him. Today was her birthday and she knew it would be incomplete if she doesn't see him - the love of her life.

She walked, but as she did, the distant memory - it went back to her. It was just her and Natsu making stupid promises... but she didn't know that those promises were real.

Lucy finally got to his house. She was scared to knock the door, she wasn't ready for some reason. But after she took a deep breath, she knocked.

No answer. She did it again, but still, no answer. She gave up knocking and slowly opened the door.

She saw her family, Natsu's family, her and his friends together there, with Natsu standing next to a priest, smiling at her.

Lucy couldn't hold back her tears. She wanted to run to him and hug him, but she thought that that's now how a wedding works. Instead, she walked slowly down the small aisle inside Natsu's house.

"Natsu, I can't believe-"

"Just believe it, Lucy. Remember my promises? I'm gonna fulfil those, I'm gonna make those come true."

"...I love you, Natsu. Forever and always."

He smiled at her. "I love you too, Luce. Always and forever."

The wedding started. They finally became husband and wife before Natsu leaves the country to study.

"So, um... the reason for all of this is that I have to leave the country. My parents have forced me to study in London. I don't know when I'll be back, but when I do, expect me to have an accent." He winked.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I couldn't... I'm sorry."

Lucy sighed. "It's alright. But please never forget me while you're there..."

"How could I forget you? Maybe you're the one who's gonna forget."

Lucy actually giggled at that. "Never again will I forget a special someone." Lucy kissed him and looked him in the eye.

"I'm glad I dialled the wrong number."

"So all this started with a wrong number, huh?"

Story ended

-----

a/n: the alternate ending isn't really that great i'll admit but hey at least natsu didn't die lmao. i recently finished watching charlotte and goddamn that anime broke me, i might make another fanfic inspired by that ;)