"Of course Ava, I promise" He gives me a sad smile, and I wrap my arms around him.

He holds me as I hold back the tears that threaten, at the mention of my parents. It will always be my fault they died.

"I hate them" I sniffle into his jacket.

Caleb nods, and holds me tighter.

"I know, me too" I hear the gulp in his voice.

***

"Caleb, I need to have a shower. Will you leave me alone" I half-joke. I actually do need a shower, but I don't want Caleb to leave me alone.

After the cafe incident this morning, Caleb and I have been relaxing all day. We have been double and triple checking the plan. All the while, missing school and eating Pancakes.

Caleb makes good pancakes.

"You can have one when your dead" He replies, tightening his arms around my waist as I struggle to climb off the couch.

"So tomorrow?" I ask.

Caleb sighs and looks at me with almost a pleading in his blue eyes for me to stay.

"Come back and cuddle with me" He replies.

I sigh. How could I possibly say no to that?

"Fine, but I don't want to hear one complain about my smell." I joke, and lie back down, wrapped up in Caleb's arms.

We both turn to stare at the ceiling. His arms still around me.

We sit in silence, both of us just deep in thoughts.

I don't know what this means. Me in Caleb's arms on the last night I'll be alive. Surely, that calls as some sort of commitment to our relationship?

I turn to face Caleb and he has a confused look on his face.

"What are you thinking?" I ask.

His eyes widen before he looks at me with a puzzled and slightly amused look in his eyes.

"You don't live with your Grandma, do you?" He asks, his lips tilting into a smile.

"I was wondering when you would notice that" I reply with a chuckle.

He lets out a low whistle and lifts his head to look around the room.

"Your parents must have been pretty rich" He says, lying his head back down next to mine. He looks me in the eye.

"I suppose so" I reply. I suppose so if you have $100 million dollars worth of gold bricks in a safe downstairs, then yes.

He moves his head forward so his nose is lightly touching mine.

Caleb? Ahhhhh what are you doing?

I'm literally dying for you. I chuckle at the thought.

Caleb smirks. "What are you laughing at?"

I chuckle again. "Caleb, I am literally dying for you"

He chuckles and then he says something neither of us expected. "Relationship goals"

Our laughter dies as we stare at each other.

"Caleb, where do we stand?" I ask seriously.

"On the ground, silly" He averts his eyes, knowing that he let slip something I don't think either of us were ready for.

"Our relationship Caleb? Where do we stand in our relationship?"

Caleb thinks for a moment. "Ask me when you are alive again, okay?"  He grins widely at me.