Chapter 7

A/n ok so there's some cussing...just letting you all know that. Anddddddd if you've forgotten....

Mike- Ariana's currently 22 year old brother (who's really hot, k.)

James (jr.) - Her little brother wwho's currently 10 years old

Jonathan- Ariana's stepfather

and idk if I had given her mom a name so.. idk I might just make her a name up. k enjoy (:

Chapter 7

-

Ariana's POV

You know that feeling you get in your stomach whilst on a roller coaster as you suddenly go down and your stomach decides to feel as if its going the opposite direction? Yeah, well that's what I feel like right now. Except, I am not on a roller coaster but by Mike's side with my little brother and my mother laying unconscious at a hospital bed.

Confused? Well here's what happened. But let me just tell you, a lot can happen.

Earlier

"A-Ari! You've gotta get here! Quick!" Mike almost yelled and me being his sister could practically noticed that he was holding back tears.

"Mike, what's wrong? And how can I get there? Aren't you like at school?"
Perrie gave me a concerned look.

"Forget that! Mom's at the hospital!"

"What?!"

"Sh*t. Ariana. I was coming home to surprise and just then I get a f-freaking call a-and just...Oh god, get to the hospital by the starbucks, ya know t-the one? And b-bring James." Mike sobbed. It was the first time he's actually cried as hard as this since... dad... Tears threatened to fall as I hung up and told Perrie, "Perrie I gotta go. Oh my god I'm sorry." Perrie somehow understood and frantically nodded.

Before exiting I tugged James with me before he could protest and told him it was urgent.

It wasn't long as I hailed a taxi and paid the man. "What are we doing at the hospital?" James groaned.

Ignoring his comment I went to the front desk but halted as I saw Mike and headed towards him tugging James who was clueless to why we were here. "Mike, what in the world?! H-hhow's mom and where is Jonathon?" I asked, jonathon as in my step father.

Mike gave me a look and told our 10 year old brother to go buy a snack from the vending machine which he obliged to. Mike then spilled out what happened. "Ariana. What I'm about to tell you.. you... you won't f*cking believe. Jonathan, that f*cking b*stard, Ariana, h-he," Mike stuttered as he sobbed,"H-he f*cking beat her up! That *sswhole. Ariana! He f*cking beat her up until she was unconscious!"

This is where I went on my freak mode and sobbed.

And now, here I am.

-Now-

Eventually in that hour, we had to slowly explain to James what happened. Let me tell you, for a 10 year old, he certainly has developed a cussing vocabulary and along telling him he certainly couldn't believe it as well as me. After that, I don't think I'll ever believe a man ever again. Cause that man had claimed he was 'in love' with my mother. He was not my real father, certainly was not, but I actually believed my mother found a new man that could support her.

But boy was I wrong.

The only thing I was relieved was that man was in jail for abusing my mother. Yes, the police had caught him and that was only the upside.

I zoned back into reality when a nurse came in. "Ok, so Marie is going to be ok. She will probably awake un a few hours. Although she has a few bruises and we have a recommendation to give her surgery or else her back might be in a critical condition for, maybe, as long as she lives and could effect her older years. But only if you want to. Though, it is very expensive, you could say."

Mike took a while to process it. "How much?"

"A thousand dollars, fivehundred and one to be exact."As she said the words, he gasped claiming he shouldn't have bought that car. He was shaking his head and sighed as he buried his head into his hands.

I couldn't let my mother suffer more. I couldn't lose her. We couldn't. She was all we had left other than each other.

Before Mike could shake his head another time, I spoke up. "Lets do it, then."

His head shot up. "Ari, you know I want to, b-but f-f*ck I'm broke."

"Don't worry, I'll pay it."

"What, how?"

I gave him a small sad smile. "Simple. I use my money I've been saving for college."

---
-Niall's POV-

'@onedirection twelve minutes until a very special announcement on livestream for those US directioners specifically in Florida or NORTH CAROLINA. x. -niall'

A sigh escaped my lips as I tweeted that exactly 12 minutes ago. Now, I tweeted the link with no explanation. Here I was, with Harry by my side, waving to the camera. Louis' plan was actually brilliant I must say. Though, I was still bummed that one of our fans would actually steal something from us.

Well, here goes nothing.

"Hey guys. It's me niall and Harold. This is just a quick message so.."

Harry cleared his throat and talked. "Recently we believe someone has stolen Niall's SnapBack. And we know you might think that maybe he can get a new one but no. This ones special. So, if one of you has it, please return it. Whoever gives it back can have a full day with this fine piece himself," Harry joked, his hand emphasizing me. I chuckled despite the fact that I was upset about the whole mishap.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

But man, I was wrong.

-

-Ariana's POV-

Seven hours. Seven hours of hell. Just the anxiety of my mom unconscious and my brother scolding me for using my college money that I've been working hard for. All going on some surgery, but was going to prevent my mother from any more pain.

As much pain she was going through I didn't want to add physical pain to her emotional pain. Wow, so many types of pain.

It was around 8 at night when the doctor came towards the waiting room where Mike was texting someone and I was just looking at a chair aimlessly as James was asleep from the tiredness. "Family or friends of Marie?"

Mike and I looked up and nodded. "Yes, hello I'm Doctor Martin. Hello. Ok so Marie has finally awoken. She has her back pain and we see you have considered the option to put her towards surgery. Yes, well, that was a very wise option."

Ignoring everything he said I just flat out asked him the question and desire I've been wanting since I got here. "May we go see her?"

"Why, yes. But just for a few. Visiting hours end at nine, though, feel welcomed to stay in the waiting lounge. Just head the room A89 and ask a nurse before you head in."

I nodded and looked at mike who got hold of James, carrying him. James stirred. "W- where we going?"

I took in a sharp breath. "Going to see mom, James."

...

The view before me destroyed every single piece left of my previously broken heart. My mother, her face pale as ever. Bruises scattered her face and arms. Her eyes looked up and met ours. That's the final thing I saw before blacking out and escaping the pain for a while.

---

A/N: Wooo! Updated! Happy new year x!

k. well. k.

question: who's your celebrity crush besides 1D? Mines Logan lerman

(/•.•)/ \(•.•\) (/•.•)/ \(•.•\)