"Michael," I turned him slightly so that he was looking at me, yet he refused to turn fully, still wanting to shield me from the gun, "I love you, and... I'm sorry that this is happening. I don't regret becoming your friend in kindergarten, and I don't forget becoming your girlfriend even after you punched my cousin" I watched the corners of his mouth tug upwards slightly, his eyes slightly glazed over, but he wasn't crying.

"I regret our break-up, and I regret not being there for you when you might've needed me. And I know that you regret those things to," I was crying. Not full on sobbing, but tears running down my cheeks at a pace fast enough that even wiping them away couldn't stop them. I raised my hand and cupped his left cheek, holding his gaze, "I just.. if something happens to me today, I want you to know that I love you. That I've never stopped loving you, and that I will always love you. Deep down, I think you've always known that there could never be anyone in my life romantically except for you"

My heart was hurting. Hurting in more ways the one could ever know, and I painfully tore my gaze away from the love of my life and to the guy who had been along with us on this crazy ass journey.

"Cal," my voice cracked, and he smiled sadly, "You've been there through everything. All of this. You were there with me when I grew up. You helped me with problems that Michael couldn't, and I understand why you chose him over me when we broke up, and I don't blame you for choosing him over me. If you didn't, then I never would've met..." I trailed off, turning to Lydia.

I had to get through to her.

I had to.

"You were there when I didn't have anyone. And even if you were just playing me from the start, I just want to tell you that I am still grateful," I took a careful step forward, my legs aching still, "I don't regret our friendship. And I know that, somewhere inside of you, you don't either-"

"Shut up!" her voice boomed, the loudness jolting me from the soft moment that I had created.

"Just... just shut. up. Nothing you say to me will make me not do this" she raise the shaky gun in her hands once again, and Michael tugged at my hand, trying to shield me.

"Miley," he spoke for the first time in a while, his voice, urgent and terrified, oddly soothed my nerves. Only he was ever capable of doing that to me, "I-I want you to know that I wanted to tell you. I wanted to tell you that I love you too. That I've still been in love with you for all this time. Tha-that I-" I kissed him.

I kissed him because I loved him.

He was surprised, no doubt, and he didn't kiss me back immediately when I did. But when his lips finally began to move against mine, everything that we've left unsaid since that night after dinner with his parents came out. I could tell that he had wanted to tell me then that he loved me. And I stopped him before he could because I was afraid of him telling me that. Afraid that he would leave me again.

His lips worked feverently agaisnt mine, desperate and longing for my attention, yet he already had it. I didn't deny him when he tilted my head, guiding it, just like he had the first time we ever kissed, and he gently deepened the kiss.

Calum was still here. Cal and Lydia and I didn't want to put him in danger as she watched us makeout right in front of her. I knew that that must be tearing her apart.

So I pushed at his chest lightly, parting our lips. He went leaned in to kiss me again, no doubt wanting more just like me, but I turned my head and he got the message.

"What do you want me to do, Lydia?" I asked her, seeing her still hold the shaking gun towards me, "What will it take for you to leave us all alo-"