-21-✔️

"WHAT IN THE WORLD are you doing?"

Michael looked up at me, like a deer caught in headlights, and he glanced behind him before looking back.

"Uh.."

"Well?" I tried looking over his shoulder and was able to spot an oven mitt lying haphazardly across the countertops, ingredients littering the island counter messily, and a milk carton lying on it's side, it's once full contents now dripping into a puddle on the floor.

Cracked eggs and their shells were in a small pile near the sink on the floor, and the sink was stacked with dirty dishes, granted it was only 9am.

In a path leading from the sink to the cupboards was a trail of broken glass, which looked to have been 4 bowls, 3 plates and 5 or 6 glasses.

Just as I opened my mouth to demand another explanation, a burning smell entered the atmosphere, smoke beginning to appear, and Michael whipped around to turn off the stove and shift the pot off the burner before the alarm could go off.

"What the f*ck did you do in here?" I coughed, opening up a nearby window.

"I was... I was just, you know..." he turned around and picked up a plate holding a piece of burnt toast and the scrapings of what looked to be scrambled eggs, "Happy birthday?"

That's right.

I was 19 today!

"So... because it's my birthday, you trashed the kitchen?" I took the plate from his hands before setting it on the small countertop of clear space that was left.

"I was trying to make you something," he looked down and rubbed the back of his neck, blushing ever so slightly, "I can't cook to save my life, remember?" he chuckled nervously, not looking at me, but surveying the mess that he had made.

"Thank you... for trying," I giggled, reaching my hand out for his when he flinched away from my hand.

"Sorry, I just," he looked down and turned over his hands, showing me the fresh cuts patterning his palms, "I really can't cook to save my life" he chuckled again, looking up at me.

My heart swelled in my chest, something inside of me feeling slightly different, "You didn't have to do this, Michael. I mean I wouldv'e been fine with breakfast from some fast food place" I shurgged, trying not to smile to widely.

He shrugged as well, "Happy birthday," he glanced over his shoulder, observing the mess he had made and then he looked at his bloodied hands, "Would you mind..?"

I rolled my eyes, still smiling, "Sure"

I led Michael to the foyer's restroom and he sat on the counter as I grabbed the first aid kit from one of the cupboards.

I tended to the cuts on his hands as he began to speak, "So. Anything you have planned for today?" he asked, slightly awkwardly.

But the tension wasn't thick. Sure, Michael and I made out last night, and he took off my clothes and gave me an immense amount of hickeys, but I knew he didn't mean to hurt me.

"I was going to hang out with Julia today. Maybe go to the spa and get a massage"

He crinckled his nose at that, "Ew. A massage?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Even the thought of having some guy have his hands all over makes me cringe. I could just give you a massage" he suggested.

My cheeks reddend, "Then you would be giving Julia a massage too" I chuckled lightly, but his expression darkened.

"Why are you friends with her again?"