Chapter 12: Crashing the Party

That night I had my dress on, everything ready. My hair felt itchy but that's probably just because I'm not used to wearing fancy hairstyles. After pacing the room I heard a knock at the door of my bedchamber and sure enough right on time, it was Sebastian. I smiled.

       "Hello Sebastian." He didn't answer, he just stared at me.

          "Um..Hello?" I said waving my hand in front of his face. He snapped out of it.

      "My apologies my love, I was taken over by the sight of your beauty." He said with a sincere smile. I chuckled, "Well then, shall we go?" I asked.

          "Of course." He said taking my hand and escorting me to the ballroom. Soon enough I heard the sound of music growing closer and closer until we arrived in the doorway of the ballroom. So many people dressed in such fancy clothing were scattered across the room. All of them were dancing, talking, laughing and having a wonderful time. Ciel was smiling which I could tell was fake but it looked very nice to see him at least try to look happy. My observations were then interrupted when I was pulled across the room and into the center. I was now face to face with Sebastian in a waltz position. In my daze I didn't realize we were already gliding across the floor.

Once again it felt like magic and pure joy. The music grew more and so did our lack of space between each-other. Inching closer and closer until finally by the end of the dance, our lips were just centimeters apart. He dipped me down and just before his lips had touched mine.......

*CRASH!*

The lights flickered causing everyone to gasp in shock. Then the doors all slammed shut, as did the Windows. Suddenly above, was a deep creaking sound from the chandelier, and it did not sound pleasant. I looked up and it began to flicker on and off till out of nowhere it started coming unhinged. As it began to fall everyone ran to the edges of the room, evacuating the center. With a loud BOOM and CRASH mixed with a glass shattering sound, it hit the floor and the lights went out.