Chapter 11: Must I?

A few days later, Ciel was hosting a ball and invited a ton of nobles. I had no idea why, but I think it was for social gain. Sebastian said I was invited since I am technically living here at the moment. I told him I couldn't because I don't fit in with nobles, and I didn't have anything to wear. However he highly disagreed. So the morning before the ball, he woke me up early and took me into the garden.

"Sebastian, where are you taking me?" I asked.

           "You'll see my dear." he said. Suddenly he stopped, and in front of us was a table with two seats, a tea set and tray and some silver-wear.

            "Have a seat." he said pulling out one of the chairs for me. I sat down and watched him do the same.

            "Alright, since you seem to think you have no proper poise or table manners, I'm going to be the judge of that today." he said. I felt my heart sink a bit.

            "Start by showing me how you drink your tea (Y/N)." he instructed. I nodded as he poured my tea and set it in front of me. I hesitated a moment before shakily lifting up the cup from its saucer, and bringing it up to my lips. I gently sipped on my tea before setting it back down with a slight shaky, clack sound. Sebastian nodded.

             "Good, now the only issue I see here is your posture. Try sitting up more and take small but secretive deep breaths to prevent quivering." he advised. I nodded trying again and it was far better.

               "Perfect, since that's finished, lets move on to our next lesson hmm?" he said helping me out of my seat. I smiled taking his hand as we walked back into the Manor.

     "Alright, we are going to need to teach you how to dance, however you shall need to learn in wearing the proper attire." he explained. Sebastian revealed a beautiful red ballgown and corset.

        "Now then, I'll let you get out of your clothes and slip on the corset on your own, and I shall return once you are ready." he said before leaving the room. I undressed and I slipped the corset onto myself and straightened it before calling Sebastian back in.

         "Alright then, lets get you laced up." he said. After some minor adjustments he gripped both laces firmly before giving a firm and hard yank. I immediately felt my lungs retracting. Before I knew it, I was wheezing and gasping for breath.

          "Oh dear, I may have tied it a bit too tight.." He said before loosening it a bit. He helped me into the dress and walked me to the ballroom.

           "Are you ready (Y/N)?" He asked. I shrugged nervously.

           "As I'll ever be." With that he started the music and came over to me placing one hand on my waist and the other in my hand. He then helped me place my hands in the right place before beginning to count.

            "And 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3, glide!" He said stepping quickly, practically dragging me across the ballroom.

           "Loosen your body my dear, you don't want to be so stiff and step a bit closer to where I am stepping or else you will likely fall." He advised

    I nodded but on the inside I was so uncomfortable. I couldn't see my own feet under the skirt of my dress. My hips felt more stiff forcing my back to stay in the same position due to the tight corset. However, out of nowhere, my feet started leading me blindly across the floor perfectly with Sebastian. I had never felt this before, it was like magic. It felt as if I was flying across the floor is Sebastian's arms. It was so romantic, like a dream come true.