Book One The Son of Darkness Chapter One Wake Up and Change

Back In Time- Book One: The Son of Darkness

Chapter One: Wake Up and Change

Percy watched from the shoreline as his life was utterly destroyed. Kyle, his one-year younger half-brother, was being paraded around camp on the arms of Percy's friends and family.

They all seemed to forget about him when Kyle came to camp three weeks ago. He stole everything from Percy. His friends, his family... his Wise Girl.

Only Thalia stuck by him. Then she was taken from him by Artemis. The Moon Goddess dragged her out of Percy's sea cave by her hair and flashed away. That was three days before and Percy hasn't seen either of them since... They only shared one accidental kiss.

Percy's house was obliterated. There had been a gas leak and Sally Jackson was the one with the unlucky burner. Seven people died and ten were injured. Both Sally and Paul were of the seven.

He had nothing to live for. But just as he was about to end it, a figure appeared and stopped him. Percy was then given a choice: to continue what he was about to do or... go back in time as someone different. To have a different father, a different destiny. 

Percy accepted

LineBreak

Percy woke up in his old bed gasping. His eyes tried to adjust to the new light and position but it was dark. He was back in his mother's apartment, lying on the bed with the covers strewn about. His body ached. Muscles he didn't even know he had shifted and ached.

"Percy!" His mother's voice called from outside the room. "Breakfast is ready. You need to hurry if you and Kyle don't want to be late for school!"

Percy practically growled. That's just great, he thought. Could he kill Kyle? Percy shook his head. He didn't want the trouble... or the clean up. That and he would need him for the great prophesy.

He wondered who his new father is. Is he evil? Good? Powerful? Major or minor? Percy found that he didn't care as long as it wasn't any of the Olympian gods.

"Coming," Percy yelled through his door.

Percy hopped out of bed and went over to his closet and dresser. He didn't question what he instinctually pulled out: a black sweatshirt hoodie, a white shirt with a pair of angel wings that spread diagonally across his chest with red text saying, "I may be Fallen, but I'm more of an Angel than you." Along with that he picked black jeans and black tennis shoes with white laces.

Percy took a shower and compared feeling from the other lifetime. It didn't do what it did last time, but it was doing something this time. It made him wake up and feel rested and alert. When he got out of the shower, he looked at himself in the mirror.

He wasn't all that different. He had hair as black as the place in between places in Nico's shadow travel that reached his shoulders, green iris' with flecks of red and black, and a darker tan than the one he had when he was seventeen. He didn't look like any god he's seen- or heard about.

Percy shrugged. Maybe he's the son of a minor god?  Percy convinced himself it would be fine and walked out of the bathroom, dressed.

He opened the door and was greeted by the familiar smell of pancakes. Percy walked into the kitchen and said hell to his mother. She did the same to him and that was the end of their conversation.

It's not my mom, he thought. She's dead in a different timeline. When Kyle came out, looking twelve and disheveled, Percy's blood boiled. The light around the room responded and made itself scarce, allowing shadows to reach new places. They didn't notice.