Chapter 9- New family.

Draco and I hopped on the train and found a place to sit. It was empty in the compartment besides me and him. He sat in the seat infront of me.

I twiddled my thumbs, usually I had Garth to play with, it felt awkward not having him. Draco must have picked up on this. "Missing your companion to keep you company?" I simply nodded while looking down in response. "I can fix that." He got up and sat next to me, pretty close this time. Our legs almost touched.

"Thank you, " I muttered. I went to reach for my necklace, but it wasn't there, so my hand fell back down to my lap. He looked at me. "You're just an awkward mess I see, none of you comforting things to keep you company. Don't worry, I'll fix that too." I looked back at him and he smiled, I smiled and starred into his blue eyes.

"What are your parents like?" I asked.
"Well, they're very, proper you could say, you'll see when you meet them, but if you're still worried you have no reason to be."
"Hm, alright. "

Silence filled the room. I didn't mind much, I kept feeling his eyes on me. "What are you looking at?" He jumped a little, "hm, oh um, just, your hair is really pretty." I looked at his face, his cheeks were flush with color. "Is it now? Thank you." He smiled nervously.

"So, I um, why does your family not want to see you?"
"I'm a slytherin, they're ravenclaws. I don't fit in. I was raised to be a ravenclaw. They don't look at me the same now. Everything is different. They despise me. I didn't even tell them I wasn't coming home. I don't think they care. They always leave me when they go to visit other family."

He though on this for a while. "I see, I'm sorry to hear that. I know what it feels like to be an outcast." I shifted so I was facing him. "You, an outcast?"
"Well, I just follow what my parents say to make them happy. The 'friends' I have are mostly just because my family is big in the wizarding world. But I'm not like them. Sure I might be a slytherin like them, but I'm not like them." He starred at me, a little sadness crept in his eyes.

"Well, we're both outcasts. As you say. But you're more accepted than me. Atleast you have that."
"True I suppose, but it gets boring after a while. You're so different, but in a good way."
"Thank you." I smiled a little. This is what it's like to be, accepted?

"We're almost there." He said to me.
"Cool, I can't wait." I replyed softly.
"Before we get there..."
"Yes?"
He leaned close to me, his face inches from mine. He looked me in the eyes, then closed them and kissed me. He pulled away and I opened my eyes slowly and smiled. "That was, that was nice." I said to him.
"Good. Now get ready (N/N), we're getting close."

I made sure all my stuff was in its rightful place. The train stopped and we left to meet his parents who were waiting for us. My heart started pounding in my chest. I didn't want to become another disappointment to another family.

They looked a bit snobbish, but his mum was pretty. Their eyes seemed to burn wholes right through me. I was already being judged and I haven't had a chance to do wrong yet. Draco lead me up to them and stepped to the side to introduce me.

"Mother, Father, this is (Y/N) (L/N)."
His mother spoke first, "Ah, so she's the one that you've been writting to us about. Pleasure to meet you." He had written about me to them?
"Yes, pleasure to meet you, we are glad you are joining us this year. " his fathers voice had an odd curve to it. Now it was my turn to speak.
"Thank you for inviting me, it's a pleasure to meet you as well." That was all I could manage.

We exited the train station and went to Diagon Alley, now was my chance to get a dress.
I cleared my throat. "Uh, miss Malfoy, I need to pick up a dress. Do you know where I might go?"
"Why yes, you can come along with me, I have a few things I need to get. Draco, go with your father, I'll find you later."

Draco and his father left, she lead me down the alley. "I'll take you to one of my favourite places. They have the most divine dresses. A bit pricey though." Her eyes fell on my in question. "Oh, alright. I brought some money, I hope it's enough."
"I'm sure I can be of some help if you need."

We carried on and entered an aromatic store. The ceiling stretched up high above, decorated with a huge golden chandelier. The floor was a deep red and everywhere there was magnificent dresses one after the other.

She noticed my awe and smiled. "I'm sure we can find you something here?"
"Definetly." I said.
The first dress we picked out, was long and black, the top had dark green feather trim. I tried it on, but it was too long and looked like a drape on me. After that, she showed me a shorter one, dark green with ruffles underneath. A black trim, and silver cast off in the back ((like a veil.)) The dress looked nice, until it was hung on me. My figure was not tight enough and the ruffles didn't flatter my legs. On to the next.

I picked out this dress. It was black, one shouldered, and on the side a few drops of silver decorated it. I adorned it with some dark green heels. When I came out of the dressing room, she clapped. "Wonderful, very well seleceted." She snapped her fingers for assistance to buy the dress. 100 gallieons and 4 sickles later, the dress was mine.((I fixed it are you happy🥴))

My dress was in a fancy bag, along with my shoes. We went to go find Draco and his father. Which wasn't hard. They were standing outside a candy store. Draco had three bags with him. One I assumed was filled with candy, the other two he wouldn't let me see.