Chapter 4- Beginning the Search.

It was finally time to go back to Hogwarts. No more ominous letters had arrived since that night. My curiosity still aflame. Since I'm a slytherin, my cunning should come to use now.

The first years had been sorted and it was time for the feast to begin. I looked around. No one seemed the least interested in me. Not even Lavana and her group. ((Lavana keeps trying to autocorrect to pecans lmao)). I couldn't wait to solve this mystery.

My mission begins. I studied all the faces of the boys, none of them even looked like they had secretly written letters to me. Whatever that looks like, I couldn't find it.

This was more difficult than it seems. Soon it was time for us all to head off to the common room. I stood up and felt something in my robes pocket. It appeared to move at first, then it stopped. I reached in and grabbed an origami flower. It opened up in my palm and had the word daisy written on it. The back of the paper had the title of a book. Hidden creatures.

This was simply the strangest thing that had ever happened to me. I walked with the crowd to the common room, bewildered. Once inside I went straight to bed so I could make another entry.

Entry 2. September 1st.
Today is the first day of my sixth year here, and it's already more interesting than the rest. I got an origami flower from the unknown person, who I am determined to find. As of now, I must sleep. Though I don't want to.

I looked up from my diary and noticed something was wrong. Odd. I peered around the room, everything looked normal. Everyone was getting undressed and ready for bed. Then, I looked over at Garth. He had been with me for so long. But he was different.

I looked into the cage, at his limp body. He wasn't breathing. Tears beaded up in my eyes as I took in this image. Ingrained in my perfect eyes. I began to cry softly, then harder. I lifted his cage and ran to the hospital wing in my pajamas. Tears streaming from my eyes.

I rushed in and thankfully Madam Pomfrey was there. I gave her the cage with desperation in my eyes. She looked at me sympathetically with her wrinkly eyes.

"I'm sorry deary, but the poor thing's passed of old age. I can't do much now but make sure that is taken care of properly."

I couldn't believe this. My one true best friend had died, and I wasn't even there to hold him in his last moments. Now I am truly alone.

I trudged my way back to the common room, tears still falling down my face. This was the absolute worse thing that could happen right now. I didn't need to lose the only one who listened. I didn't care about anything else except Garth. My beloved ferret.

The night went by quickly as I had cried myself to sleep. No one around really seemed to care, a few asked if I was alright. I just nodded.

Now it's time to start the day. My face was still puffy from crying. It's weird, I don't usually cry. But this has broken me. My first class is potions. Maybe it will cheer me up, after all it is my favourite subject.

I arrived to class early and started laying out the ingredients for this lesson. Sadly, snape wasn't going to be the professor for potions this year. It was professor slughorn. Great.

As I was getting everything out and ready, someone took the seat next to me. Usually it was either Lavana or one of the others. I looked over to see a tall, pale skinned, blonde haired boy. Question grew strong in my eyes. He didn't pay any attention to me.

Everyone else found their seats and professor slughorn introduced himself. It was boring already. But I needed to pay attention to get my mind off things.

The potion we were making today was called felix felicis. I myself had never heard of it. It looked difficult, but I'm sure I could do it. Off we went.

We had new text books this year to use. They were strange indead. I read the recipe and looked for my beginning ingreadients. The boy next to me also seemed a little confused.

Someone had already managed to blow it up. I couldn't find what I was looking for and almost used the wrong ingreadient when the boy next to me stopped me. "Oh no, not that one, you're looking for the powdered rue. Here." His voice was smooth and calm. I looked up at him in the eyes. He smiled and handed me the rue. "Th-thank you, I almost messed it up haha." My voice shaked ever so slightly.

"Don't mention it." The feeling his eyes gave me were unmistakable. "I'm (Y/N) (L/N) by the way." The words humbled and tripped over themselves out of my mouth. "Nice to meet you, (Y/N), I'm Draco Malfoy."

Entry 3.
Today I met the strangest boy. Tall, blonde, and his name fit the initials on my letters. His voice is unforgettable, and his eyes gave me that feeling, the one I've been searching for these long years.

Early evening.