Chapter 8- Invitation

The end of this year has come and now it's time for the holidays, again. I dreaded whenever I had to go home. It meant seeing my family, and my family not wanting to see me.

I just don't see why it's such a big deal, I'm a slytherin, so what. Just because they are all ravenclaws, doesn't mean I should get excluded. But the hat was right, I am different. A daisy in a field of roses..

Christmas is even worse, I don't get any presents from my family. They leave to go visit other family, and leave me behind in the manor. It gets so lonely, and now that I don't Garth, I will be extra lonely. Yipee.

Scene change.

"Hey (N/N)." Draco ran up to me as I was heading to divination. "Hey, Draco, how are you?" He was out of breath and stopped me. " I was... hoo, wondering, heeh.... if you... *cough*, would like to come to my families Christmas party?" He caught his breath and looked at me beckoning I go. "Um, sure, I'd love too." He smiled, "Great, I'll see you at lunch." And he dashed off.

I made my way to divination, almost late, and sat down. Today we were doing readings with tea ((I don't remember what it's called exactly.)) Professor Trellany instructed us on what we were to do. My partner was Liliana, not too bad I suppose.

We drank our tea and exchanged cups. Liliana's had creativity and change. She told me mine had love and gossip. What a lovely combination I thought to myself dreadfully.

Class finished and I headed to the great hall, where I met Draco and his friends. He smiled a little and asked me to join him. Crabe and Goyle looked away as my (H/C) hair bounced over my shoulders. "It's great that you are joining us this year, my family throws the most popular parties. It's all purebloods though." Of course it was. "Yes, thank you for inviting me, my family usually isn't to happy to see me." He pondered this and turned to his food.

I could never tell what he was thinking. He was so secretive. "How will I get there?" I questioned. "Oh don't worry, my parents will take you with me when they arrive at the train station." I was going to meet his parents, that was a little odd, but it's cool. Maybe they're better than my parents.

We finished lunch and headed to class, potions. My favourite, with my now favourite person. We are becoming friends now I believe. He always acknowledges me whenever he sees me. We even hold a conversation. Longer than I've ever had in a while.

I was a bit excited for this party, but, I had nothing to wear. No fancy dresses or anything like that. So I would make a trip to go shopping whenever break came by.

Time change.

Today was the last day before they sent us all off to our homes. I had packed all of my stuff, my clothes, my journal, some money. The dusty empty cage sat at the window. I stared at it, wishing to here a chattering ferret again. But nothing moved except the drapes.

I gathered my stuff and brought it down to the common room. Draco was waiting for me. "Ah, Nice to see you're ready to go." His voice was stiff from just waking up. It was only us two in the common room, everyone else was already in the great hall. "(N/N)." His voice had question in it. "Yes?" "Don't worry about trying to make a good impression, you're amazing already."

He blushed and began to pick up his stuff to head downstairs. I blushed as well, and gathered my things, went downstairs and entered the great hall. It was rattling with chattering people all around. Everyone was so excited. I guess I was too.