Realisation

AUTHOR P.O.V

"Taehyung let her go" says a familiar woman's voice from the side. That sentence alone was enough to paralyse Taehyung in his spot, eyes wide as if he was afraid of what was behind him. His grip loosened on Sera but did not let her go.

"Taehyung?" the women's voice was heard again. Sera was completely confused as she had no idea what was happening right now. Her newly discovered half-brother was trying to kill her but now he has stopped all because of that random girl at the entrance of the room.

Taehungs mind however was more chaotic, the voice he heard is so familiar that he could recognise it within a heartbeat, it was Ashlee. He didn't know what to do or what to say at this point, he didn't want her to see him at his lowest, how was he going to explain to her?

Slowly he turned around looking to the ground, unable to attain eye contact as he was too afraid to see the disappointment in her eyes.

"Taehyung look at me" she spoke, her body trembling as she tried to hold in the tears that were beginning to form. Taehyungs response however was to childishly shake his head while still staring the ground.

"Dammit look at me!" Ashlee screamed in anguish as she was fed up with her mate's behaviour. Her actions made him flinch and unwillingly look up to see the sad and disappointed gaze that she was holding.

"Why are you doing this" she calmly asks.

"I-I....... you don't understand" he responds unconfidently.

"Well make me understand! What could possibly drive you to harm an innocent girl like sera?"

"You don't understand! She's not innocent! She carries the blood of those disgusting people who left me to die"

"But she was not even old enough to realise what was happening, she is not at fault"

"I don't care! I need my revenge, this burning fury inside me won't die until her life has been taken! When I killed them, I thought I would feel better because they deserved it, but I still felt like something was incomplete, and it was her" he responded

"Do you hear yourself right now? You think killing her will make you feel better?"

"Yes I do, I have lived these pass years as a failed attempt at murder with no goal in life but to seek justice for the wrongs that this family has placed on my life. My life is worth nothing, it has no meaning"

"What about me Taehyung? Do I mean anything to you? Because by the sounds of it, I am nothing."

At the realisation of is words, Taehyung darted straight to Ashlee and engulfed her into a bone crushing hug.

'Shit, no! That's not what I meant, Ashlee believe me, you are the only good thing in this world, I love you but, the only way I can be truly happy is if I finish what I have started."

"No!" Ashlee screamed as she broke away and punched his chest.

"Don't you see, you will never be happy if you continue with this absurd idea, do you thing Sehun and his brothers would let you get away with murdering Sera? No, he would hunt you down and kill you with no mercy! Where would that leave me! Where would that leave our child?" Ashlee cried out.

Everyone's eyes in the room widened at the news, but nothing could be compared to Taehyungs which was pure shock.

"W-what?" he asked very unstable with his speech.

"I'm pregnant, 5 weeks in, I was going to tell you tonight but here we are"

Taehyung could not comprehend what was happening right now, first his mind was set on killing Sera, then Ashlee had to come and make him feeling like a giant dick, and now he has just found out he is going to be a father. He honestly didn't know how to advance from this point.

"So that's the reason you told us not to hurt you or Taehyung, it would threaten your pregnancy" Sehun spoke out in the midst of silence.

Ashlee shifted her gaze to Sehun and gave him a weak smile while nodding limply. She then looked back at Taehyung who still was comprehending everything. She lifted her hand to hold his check and directed him to her.

"Taehyung, please don't live like this anymore, start a new, forget that life and make a new one, with your family". She said as she grabbed his hand and placed in on her stomach. At this moment Taehyung could not take his emotions anymore as tears started to poor from his eyes. He was so happy, his mate was with child, they were going to make his own family, the life of Sera was meaningless to him right now, could this have possibly been what he was searching for all along?

Some time had passed until the final whimpers from Taehyung were heard. He turned and looked at Sera and Sehun and made his way over to them, Sehun still on the offence stood in front of Sera prepared for any attack Taehyung could make, even though the probability of that happening is severely low.

"I'm sorry" was all Taehyung said before he dropped down on his knees.

"I'm so sorry for all the pain and trouble I have caused, I'm sorry for the death of our parents Sera, I was not in the right state of mind, even though that is not an excuse, I just want you to know how deeply and utterly sorry I am for everything"

Sera was feeling the sincerity and couldn't help but feel sorry for her half-brother, his situation was so traumatic that she doesn't feel anger towards him, but more pity.

Sera to the complete shock of Sehun and the rest of the clan knelt down and surrounded Taehyung in a gentle hug.

"I forgive you Taehyung, I too am also sorry for the pain and torment our parents caused you, if I was only old enough to access the situation I would have been there to save and protect you. I know this may sound ironic but I always told my parents I wanted a brother but they always changed the topic, I guess it's because I already had one".

Sera guided him to stand back up and gave him her bright smile signalling he could go back to Ashlee.

He replied with another smile and looked to Sehun who gave him a look of acceptance, with that he turned back to Ashlee with a giant smile plastered on his face.

"You wanna go home?"