Lonely

SEHUN P.O.V

I woke up this morning feeling quite energetic, and that is quite unusual as I have been feeling down lately. Reason? All my hyung's have found their mate or as they say 'the love of their life' and as the little brother, I should be happy for them. Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic for them, it's just that I feel lonely from time to time. I first felt the impact when Luhan hyung found his mate, we were so close but ever since 'she' came, we've grown distant. The last straw was Kai, we both shared the same feelings towards the problem of the hyung's forgetting us but then Kai turned eighteen, he found his mate two weeks later and they have been inseparable ever since.

I know I sound like a complaining child but with a house full of twenty or so people living here, I feel so alone, there is no-one to talk or joke around with anymore. I'm lonely.

Maybe it will go away in a couple of days when I turn 18, the time in my life where I can go out and find my destined mate. But even then it's a long shot, mates don't just magically get handed on a silver platter to you. Although I wish they would. Baekhyun hyung took a whole year to find his mate, this could potentially happen to me as well.

Before I could think any longer, Luhan hyung comes into my room and takes a seat beside me. I stare at him with wide eyes since this is a big surprise, Luhan hasn't come to see me personally in over a year.

Deciding that the silence was to awkward, Luhan decides to talk.

"So it's your 18th birthday in a couple of days" he starts.

"Yeah, it is" I reply casually.

"Was there anything you would like, the boys and I are kind of stumped in what to get you"

"I wonder why" I reply sarcastically.

"Yah Sehun, what's with that tone" Luhan asks as he turns to face me. I know I am acting like a brat right now but I just have to do it.

"Hyung, there was one point in our lives that we used to be so close, you wouldn't need to ask what I wanted because you already knew, but that's changed now, everyone including you is busy with their mates" I lash out. Luhan is taken back by my words as I look him in the eye, a few seconds pass and I see a spark of realisation through his eyes.

"Sehun" he starts apologetically

"I, we your brothers, really did not mean to neglect you, we have just been so happy with our mates that we don't even notice time passes. You will understand Sehun when you find her" he explains.

"But that's the point hyung, I turn 18 pretty soon and I can start finding her but there's no guarantee that I will find her. She could have possibly not even be born yet" I reply in a frantic voice. How cruel would fate be if that were to happen? Luhan senses the pain I'm feeling and brings me into a hug, followed with a pat on the back.

"I am so sorry that I didn't notice your pain until now Sehun, you should have talked to us about it and not let the pain build-up"

"It's okay hyung, you don't need to feel so sorry, I was pissed, yes, but that does not mean I'm going to be selfish and ask for you to stop being with your mates" I playfully exclaim. Luhan notices my lighter mood and pats me on the shoulder with a small smile.

"I figured out what you want for your birthday" he says. To say I was surprised was an understatement. How could he possibly know? I don't even know what I want yet. Feeling that his job was complete, Luhan stands up and walks to the door but before he leaves he turns around to face me.

"Don't worry, you will love it" and with that he walks out.

I wonder what it is?