Chapter Four

"The Prince and the Servant"
04.| Horsefaces and Love
By: _LenaAckerman_

"I'm so hungry."

"I'm so tired."

"My ass hurts."

"I need to use the bathroom."

"For the love of god, would you all shut the fuck up!"

The complaining people all snapped their mouths shut quicker than a cheetah when Levi snapped at them. The eighteen year old prince was glaring at his servants, his face hard and eyes smoldering. He had strapped his sword to his hip, and he had threatened to use it on them if they disturbed him or Eren. Because Eren was asleep, and Levi was worried that their complaining would wake him up.

"I'm serious," Erwin frowned from where he was walking in front of the group and behind Levi. "I'm hungry, tired, my ass hurts and I need to go to the bathroom."

"Oh, cry me a fucking river," Levi retorted sarcastically. "We're going to be in that place soon, then you can eat, sleep, heal your ass and take a shit."

"I bet that as soon as we stop somewhere, Eren's ass is going to be even more sore than it already is," Hanji cackled, glasses flashing in the light of the rising sun.

In the blink of an eye, Levi had pulled his sword off of his hip and was holding it dangerously close to Hanji's neck. Hanji chuckled as if the cold metal was tickling them.

"I swear to whatever fucker that is in the sky, I'll cut your voicebox out if you make another sex joke related to me and Eren again."

"What are you going to do with my voicebox? Give it to Eren so that he can scream your name louder?"

"I mean it Hanji —"

"Hey, there's a village up ahead," Petra announced, perhaps saving Hanji's life.

Levi lowered the sword from Hanji's neck and turned to face the direction Petra was pointing in. Down the hill, just beyond the trees and brush, Levi could make out what appeared to be roofs of houses. Some had smoke rising from chimneys, others had birds resting on top of them. Levi couldn't see the top of a castle anywhere, so it was either a lone village or a village of trade.

"What village is that?" Olou asked.

"No idea," Levi answered, not taking his eyes off the village.

Levi steered his horse down the path toward the village, coaxing her to go slowly. He couldn't risk going fast in case the horse lost her balance and caused Levi and Eren to tumble off. Levi could deal with pain — he's been stabbed, bitten and scratched more times then he could count (the last two weren't just from battles), and he has the scars to prove it — but Eren wasn't. Levi knew what happened in Eren's past, and he knew Eren couldn't deal with non-pleasurable pain like Levi could.

When they entered the village, they weren't that shocked to find that it was a village of trade. There were stalls in front of every house, selling different things from fruit and veg to sweets, blankets to pillows, and medication to first-aid. There were people of every race and class buying things; there were women wearing the tightest dresses with fake faces, men dressed fancy and there were children wearing filthy rags and covered in dirt. Levi gritted his teeth.