Chapter 1

My feet are not touching the ground. I steady myself in the air and get my hands ready in position for the objects flying in my direction. Once the first object comes flying towards me, I shoot it with the energy beams coming from my hand. Soon, there are several objects shot towards me and I manage to turn them to ash successfully. As I start getting into the game, I hear a voice in my ears.

"You're needed here, Agent Danvers", says the voice.

I roll my eyes and sigh. Every time I am busy, I am needed. I set my foot back on the ground and tap my earpiece, "But Director, sir, I am in the middle of a training session. Can this wait?"

"Some Asgardian God has stolen the Tesseract. Do you still think this can wait?", replies Nick Fury.

"I'll be there right away, sir."

Some Asgardian God has stolen the Tesseract? How could it be? Was it Thor? No. He wouldn't do such a thing. I push my thoughts aside and head back to the S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters.

---

"Glad you could make it, Agent Danvers. We need you for this mission. And I must say, this is going to be dangerous, very dangerous".

"I'm sure that's what I am trained for", I reply to Fury, folding my arms over my chest. Agent Coulson is standing next to him, a look of despair on his face. Maria Hill is by the computers, getting information on the Tesseract.

"Agent Coulson, I need you to call Romanoff and tell her to get Banner. After that, you have to go summon Tony Stark here yourself. Don't let him get away," Agent Coulson nods and walks away. Fury turns to me, "And Agent Danvers, I need you to go and offer Captain America the case. This is some serious stuff".

"Are you finally assembling the Avengers?" I ask, trying to hide the excitement in my voice.

"Whoever this Loki is, he is dangerous. He has managed to turn Barton and Professor Selvig. You are the best agent we have, and I hope you don't walk away from this."

"Of course not, sir." I pause, "but, sir. Don't you think it's better if I call Tony and you can send Phil to get Mr.Rogers? Tony will listen to me."

"No, Agent Danvers. Now do as I say".

I nod my head and walk away from there, ready to go find Steve Rogers. Whatever this was, it had shaken Nick Fury. He never told me what he would use the Tesseract for, and after a point of time, I stopped asking. 

I pull on some new clothes, grab the file I am meant to give to Steve Rogers, and make my way to a jet. A man asks for my ID and only lets me in after seeing it. I roll my eyes. I have worked in S.H.I.E.L.D  for so many years and yet they still ask for IDs. I walk into the jet and start the engine. Way back when I started, I was originally trained as a pilot in the army. But after I got my powers, I joined S.H.I.E.L.D. Pushing the thoughts of my pre-powers time, I fly to Brooklyn to meet Captain America.

---

Hello people!! 

I hope you are enjoying the story so far. You can probably tell what the story is based on if you are Marvel fans. And for those who didn't, it's based on the first Avengers movie.

I'm sorry the chapter is so small. I'll try to make the other ones bigger, I promise.

Like i said before, I will only be able to update on the weekends cuz I have school and tuitions and stuff. So sorry guys. But if I find time on the weekdays I will try my best to update for y'all :)

Please do vote and comment!

Keep calm and Marvel on :D