.02 Cat and Mou- ...Arouse?

Start from the beginning

And for the love of Christ, can he just say that I'm his cousin? He even used the superlative degree, I can't believe this.

Oblivious to the crowds cheer, I gave them a friendly smile as I pass by.
Remind me to strangle Kevin later, we've got a lot of talking to do.
First day in California and I'm literally gonna have a mental breakdown.

There's too much going on, if this is gonna be made into a story... I'll be earning lots of money.

Glaring at Kevin, I sat on my precious drum chair. I missed this. I missed everything about this band.
I miss the rhythm, the beat, the feeling of the drum sticks on my palm.
The crowd's cheer, how they sang through the music, the way they move their body around. I'm in a state of euphoria everytime I saw them having fun.

Adrien followed shortly swinging a green gibson electric guitar at his body.

Then Kevin shouted:

"Good evening everyone!!! We are the... BREAK YOUR HEART!!"

---
Even if I'm in a wild trance beating the life out off the drum, I could sense that someone's staring at me; not the typical stare.. I mean the stare-stare.
Let me rephrase that, I could feel that someone's staring at me intently.

You must be laughing since it's highly common that everyone will stare at the ones performing on stage.

Yeah, but.. I can't withdraw the uneasy feeling inside of me. I scanned the area and paused suddenly to meet sublime sapphire eyes, I can't help to be dazed by it.

Yes, she's really breathtaking in every way. I mentally shook my head and continue the rhythm. 

We've done around six songs tonight, one more song and we're off.

"Since this is a special day, we'll be performing a DUET!!!!!"

I think I'd lost my hearing, the crowd's jumping everywhere and looks certainly excited about the whole DUET thing.
Twirling the stick between my fingers, I wait for Adrien or Nick to sing in front with Kevin.... but neither of them moved.

"I'll be singing with the first vocalist and song writer of BYH. She's away for the past years but.. the band's happy to have her back-"

You must be kidding me.

Don't tell me-

Don't even turn your horrid head here-

Just don't-

Fuck. The jerk, also known as Kevin is now raising her brows up and down at me.

"-- Rhia"

As soon as I get hold of that loathsome body, I will torture it to death.

"Rhia! RhIA!! RHia! rHia!" the people started cheering my name.

I refuse to stand from my beloved seat. One and a half year without practice is enough, I AM NOT ABANDONING THIS SEAT. They can't make me sing. I'll glue and chain myself in this chair. I ain't gonna open my mouth. But that didn't stop Kevin from pulling me out of my reverie.

So.. here I am...  standing in front of a hundred delighted mob.

"Guys, don't be mad at me when it began to rain outside. Just want to thank you all, in advance.. for tolerating my horrible voice and.. may you all survive tonight!!"

The crowd went mad laughing and shouting that they nevermind, that's when Nick started playing the piano at the end of the stage while Adrien's strumming the chords.. chords, that's so familiar.. it's Just A Kiss by Lady Antebellum. I inhaled slowly then sang my heart out.

Lyin' here with you so close to me
It's hard to fight these feelings when it feels so hard to breathe
I'm caught up in this moment, caught up in your smile

I've never opened up to anyone
So hard to hold back when I'm holding you in my arms
We don't need to rush this, let's just take it slow

Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright
And I don't want to mess this thing up
No, I don't want to push too far

Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life
So baby, I'm alright with just a kiss goodnight

----

I didn't notice how the people become silent in an instant, how they sang with me in the chorus, how they dance with their partners, how the sapphire eyes bore on me the entire time, how the uncomfortable feeling at my stomach grew stronger.