Chapter 18-Friend or Foe?

I tapped my foot silently as the bio-ship sailed over the city.It had been an odd few days.

While I was catching up with my grandfather,I also had to get to the mount justice on time.Which meant I had no explanation to him.

I didn't even consider telling him of my powers.I couldn't do that to him.Not after he found out about my mom.

Today as I finally reached the cave,I was told that we were going on a mission.The League of Shadows were trading off something today to another party.Luckily,the league was letting me go with them.

During the past few days,I had been working on my 'costume'.I still wore my hoodie,black pants and tennis shoes, but I decided to make a mask.It was red and orange with black markings like a fox.Of course I made it to be ironic like that.

Sadly,it wasn't ready so I pulled my hood over my eyes.We got onto the bio-ship and flew off.I glanced outside as we flew in camouflage mode.

I saw three people talking to eachother.Two female and one male.I couldn't see their faces from here but I saw they all wore hoods and most likely heavily armed.

I inhaled deeply and shook the thought aside.We could take them on sure,but it was the League of Shadows I was worried about.I didn't have any time to think as I felt the bio-ship flying towards the ground.The ship hovered just above the ground.

The team and I jumped off as Miss Martian flew up to get a better angle.As I looked around,I saw one of the females glaring at me with a bow and arrow.

I smiled at her as I brought out my sword.(Before you say anything,yes I love swords and daggers.I can't be in my fox form all the time.So maybe you should try them sometime.Sorry off topic,continuing.)

I stalked towards her in a preying stance.She returned my smile.

"I didn't know they let toddlers into the League of Shadows."I taunted.She didn't break my gaze as she added;

"Well the little team you have is old news."She purred coldly.I scoffed.

"If that's the case,then you guys must be as old as the dinosaurs."I echoed back as I started circling her.The girl did the same.

She had long dirty blonde hair that swayed behind her in a ponytail.Her eyes were covered by a mask and she wore dark clothing that was made to be agile.She was a about half a foot taller than me but not surprising.I was very short for my age.

"Afraid to attack?"She called to me.I smiled.I swiftly moved over to as I brought up my sword that clashed with hers.

"Not in your dreams."I breathed as I saw her up close.I could slightly see her eyes under the mask.

They glistened with what seemed like.....curiosity?We went back and forth with our swords.She finally flipped my sword and it flew far away from me.I backed away towards it but kept my eyes on her.

The girl got out a bow and arrow.Great.This was so fair.She held up the bow and shot a few arrows.

I managed to duck all of them but not before one of them clipped my hood.It flew back,making my hair shimmer in the light.

More quickly than most humans could move,I put it back on.Apparently not fast enough.The girl had wide eyes as she dropped her bow.

"Caitie?"She half whispered.I froze.I had no idea how I hadn't recognised it earlier.

I would know the voice anywhere.She took her mask off confirming my suspicion.Her brown and blue eyes looked at me.Sammy.My Sammy.

"Sammy?"I whispered still unsure.She ran and gave me a half hug before I could blink.

"It is you!I was so worried about you!So much has happened and after I heard you disappeared and oh I'm so sorry about the crash and oh!"She hugged me again."It's so good to see you."I blinked.Twice.

"Wha....what are you doing with the League of Shadows?"I asked still in shock.

"Like I said,long story.I wish we could talk but I have to keep my cover."She looked like she was going to say more but just then a small knife flew in front of us, almost hitting me.

I glared up and saw the man that I had seen on the ship.He wore a mask wrapped around his eyes and had dark clothing.He flicked out another knife.

"Violent Bow,stop messing around."The man called.His voice was low but seemed young.As if he had experienced so much in his life.Sammy scoffed and turned to him.

"I'm not messing around Mysterious.So stop being such a shrimp."She said coldly.She turned back to me as I raised my eyebrows.Shrimp?I silently questioned.She shook her head.Another day.

"Well then keep her busy."Mysterious answered.He was cut off from saying anything else as Blue Beetle attacked him.I returned my gaze to Sammy.

"We have to make it look real.Don't worry about hurting me,I've had worse."I added alas she opened her mouth.She nodded and I subconsciously smiled.

"No one touch the girl with the blonde hair."I say into the link.

"What why?What are you doing?"Bart asks in surprise.

"I'll explain later."I commented and ended the link.

I shapeshifted into my fox form and snarled.Her eyes showed shock but she remained still.

"Really?When did you learn to do that?"She mumbled in annoyance.She picked up her bow and aimed at me.

We went back and forth as she aimed at me.Terribly aimed to be honest.I flipped backwards as Beast Boy flew infront of me as a hawk as he try's to get somewhere.

I quickly glance at him for a second,but that was all it took.I didn't notice until the arrow flew past me,barley missing me.

It cuts into my fore arm slightly.I yelped in surprise.Sammy looks at me with an apologetic gaze.

I dipped my head in understanding.Before I could blink,Mysterious was standing right beside her.

"We need to go."He hissed into her ear and yanked on her arm.She shook him off with a cold glare.

She glanced back at me,her eyes softening a bit.I growled at them to go.I thought I could  almost here her whisper goodbye.I didn't have time to fantasize as smoke filled the air.

I coughed and shapeshifted into my normal self.The smoke cleared and I saw that the League of Shadows was nowhere to be found,including Sammy.As I trudged back to the bio-ship,I learned that we didn't manage at get the plans.

My thoughts ran wild.What was so important about that package?And how did my best friend get herself so neck deep in trouble?

Want to see from Sammy's point of view? Check out FandomGirl96 story called Girl With a Bow.Please like and share if you want to see more!It was great collaborating with her and I hope to do it again!Any ideas?Comment below!Rock on Dreamers and happy holidays!