Story of Love

A/N: Note that I don't own Moana and enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay okay! Settle down now!" The children sat down. The storyteller sat down slowly. "Now, do you want to hear the love story of the demigod Maui and Moana?" The children nodded. She sighed before beginning:

Long ago, Maui and Moana had gave Te Fiki. They separated later on. One day, when Maui was resting. He saw the tattoo of Moana show that she was in danger. Maui flew to the island Moana and her people were staying at.

Maui entered the healing hut. There in a bed, was none other than Moana. Maui saw her badly weakened, and saw 3 coconut bowls, filled with coughed up or thrown up blood. "Moana." Maui was immediately at Moana's side. She opened her eyes to see the handsome demigod. She smiled weakly before say "H-Hey Maui. How hav-" Moana began coughing. Maui comforted her and saw her cough a tiny bit of blood.

"How long has she been like this?" Maui asked, later in the night. He had his arms around Moana's small figure. She hadn't aged, still looking 16 even though she was 26. Tui sighed, before speaking.

"She's been like this for a week. We thought it was nothing until we saw her cough up blood." Maui nodded firmly. "I'll give you two some space." Once Tui left, Maui looked at Moana. She looked VERY skinny, looking like a dead person. Maui placed a kiss on Moana's forehead, watching over her over the night.

For the next few days, Moana got worst. Finally Maui had enough. He carried Moana on his shoulders, shifted into his hawk form, ignored the villagers angered cries, and flew to Te Fiki with the Ocean guiding the way.

"TE FIKI!! I NEED YOUR HELP!! IT'S MOANA!!" Te Fiki woke at the name of her favorite mortal. Maui was in tears holding a still sleeping Moana. "Please! Save her...." Te Fiki and the Ocean knew there was a way to save her, but pretended to heal her and 'failing'. Both of them wanted Maui to express his feelings for Moana.

"Ma-Maui?" Maui held her in his arms, "Hang on Moana. Please?" Moana put a hand on his cheek, and he placed his hand over it. "I'll always be with you. Forever." Moana's hand fell to the ground, as her life slipped away. Te Fiki grabbed Moana's soul, silently so Maui couldn't hear.

"Moana?" When she didn't respond, Maui burst into tears. "Moana. Moana." Maui choked between sobs,"I never got to say the words I've been waiting to say." Te Fiki and the Ocean got a little closer. Finally, Maui choked up the words they've been waiting to hear, making sure Moana's soul heard it. "I love you Moana. I always have and will forever love you." Te Fiki and the Ocean than nodded to each other. Both of them restored Moana's soul inside, but different. Moana had immortality, powers like Maui, strength, and youth in her soul. Slowly, Moana's body began restoring its look. Te Fiki saw the autographed oar Maui had given Moana the first time they met and turned it into a weapon. Moana's human mortality turned into demigoddess immortality.

Maui opened his eyes to see Moana looking at him. "So. I heard you loved me?" Moana was expecting some stupid saying from Maui, but found herself in Maui's arms, locked in a hugging embrace. "Don't leave me again. Please?" Moana chuckled before hugging him back. "I promise." Moana and Maui broke away to see Te Fiki and the Ocean holding the now magical oar.

Moana grabbed it. Maui than spun her, before kissing her on the lips. He couldn't have been happier. He wasn't going to be alone any more! After thanking Te Fiki, the Ocean guided them to Moana's island.

"The people rejoiced at the fact Moana was alive and now a demigoddess. Legend has it, that the Ocean will sometimes make a whirlpool in the shape of a heart, signaling that the demigod Maui and his demigoddess Moana, were near." The children began clapping and cheering.

One little child raised her hand. "Yes Vehine?" The young child looked down nervously, before speaking. "How long have you and Maui been together." Moana chuckled." For about 23 years. Its kinda short for a demigod but long for a mortal." Moana was about to stand up before two pairs of strong hands made her sit. Moana looked at her husband, "Maui, I'm not gonna get hurt or explode." Maui pouted, which caused the children to giggle.

Moana giggled before putting a hand on her 7 month old bump, heavy with a child. "Moana, the baby could be born early and my son is NOT being born in the middle of storytelling about our love story." "It could be a girl." Maui chuckled." It's obviously a boy." Moana then winced."Moana?! Is it time?!" Maui was panicking. Moana grunted before exploding in laughter.

"I'm not in labour you sharkhead. I was faking." Maui frowned, "Not awesome. Especially since I'm new at being a father. Come on Moana, can we go to our home please." Moana nodded, saying goodbye to the children before following Maui outside. There home would have been on a island, but Moana was finding it difficult to shape shift with a baby kicking every so often.

So they settled into the island where Moana's people were at. Maui fell into the cot, Moana following shortly behind. Once both were in their bed, Maui wrapped his arms protectively around Moana. "I love you." Maui smiled, "I love you too princess." Moana punched him softly, but in reality that punch could've broke a human bone in a second.

They slipped into a slumber, with nothing but their love surrounding them. The gods, the Ocean, and Te Fiki knew from the minute Maui and Moana had met, they would be inseparable. Now, a baby proves their love.

And they couldn't have agreed more.