Kenma Kozume | PSP

"Kenmaaa!" a cheerful female voice called his name behind him, causing Kenma to turn around. Eyes slightly widened, he shoots a tiny smile in the female's direction,

"Oh. (f/n)." He stops and waits for the (h/c) girl to catch up to him. Once she gets there, (y/n) bends over with her hands on her knees to catch her breath. Kenma watches her pant in slight confusion, "Why did you run?"

The girl stands up straight, a wide smile on her face, "I wanted to walk home with you today!" She pauses for a minute before muttering, "I-I mean if that's ok... I f-figured that since we lived in the same neighborhood...-"

"That's fine." Kenma answers quickly. (y/n) flashes him a grin before they continue to walk to their shared neighborhood. Usually Kuroo would accompany Kenma on his walk home, but today he was busy with something at home and had to leave early. Kenma didn't mind walking alone, but he likes it better with someone with him, especially you. Now that Kenma is busy with volleyball, the two of you don't hang out as much as you used to. Kenma found it odd that you waited for his practice to be over just to simply walk home with him. Comfortable silence fills the air as Kenma taps away at his handheld device and the girl walks beside him.

(y/n) suddenly looks over Kenma's shoulder at the PSP in his hands. He seemed to be having trouble on a certain level.

"Is that fun?"

"Not really... I don't know..." Kenma shrugged before adding, "Just something to pass the time."

(y/n) asked another question, "Would you rather play on your PSP or play volleyball?"

Kenma must admit it was an interesting question. He had to think about it for a moment before thinking of a response, "I'm not sure. Both are kinda the same to me, but I guess you could say I prefer video games more than physical activity."

"I see," (y/n) ponders for only a moment, watching as Kenma attempts to beat a certain level before continuing, "I guess I can agree in some way."

The pair continues to walk in silence to their neighborhood. (y/n) was constantly looking at Kenma's game and asking him questions. Both of them stopped on the edge of the sidewalk while waiting for the cars to pass so they could cross the road. (y/n) poked at the PSP in Kenma's hands,

"Can I try?" She asks politely. Kenma looks at her only to give her a curt nod. Handing over his precious gaming device, (y/n)'s eyes light up while taking it in her hands. She immediately taps at the controls.

Both teens begin to cross the street once all the cars passed. The girl's eyes were intrigued by the video game and Kenma quietly watched her attempt to play. He found it pretty adorable the way (y/n) furrowed her eyebrows in concentration and stuck her tongue out the corner of her mouth. He couldn't help but smile slightly.

(y/n) and Kenma were both so distracted by the game that they weren't paying attention to anything else around them. But all it took was the nearing sound of tires against asphalt to make Kenma look up only to see a car heading down the road. His cat-like eyes widened,

Isn't it a red light? Do they plan on stopping?

The pudding haired boy decided that the car wasn't going to stop in time. He felt panic rise in his chest as he watched the vehicle come closer. He was frozen in his spot. He couldn't move.

"(Y/N)!" Kenma suddenly shouts and shoves the girl forward with all his strength. She let out a yelp as she tumbled forward onto the ground, the PSP leaving her hands. She could feel her skin tearing as she skids onto the road, her knees and elbows getting cut up by the asphalt. Kenma stumbles to get out of the way of the reckless vehicle as it was about to hit him. The (h/c) girl looks only to see a car zooming by. She yells out before a load cracking was heard,