Chapter Four|Scooter Ride [Edited]

She parked her little pink scooter at the side and stepped off. She had bought a small scooter for herself as it was getting difficult to travel by bus. She smiled at the pink vehicle and walked towards the grocery store. She was about to enter the shops when she noticed a silhouette on the other side of the road. A double-take later, to make sure it was the right person, she started marching towards them.

"Mr. Vincent?", Zara inquired and Vincent looked up at her.

"Oh! Hello Miss Zara", Vincent replied in astoundment and Zara smiled at him.

"How come you are here...sir?"

"My car broke down and I am waiting for my driver to come"

"I am here for some groceries. Do you want to join me?" Zara asked.

"Me? Grocery shopping?" the man glanced at her, checking to see if she was joking. Once confirmed that the smaller woman was the epitome of not joking he replied with a, "Uh, No. I am fine. Thank you"

"Come on sir. I am not that boring and it's better than waiting here", Zara tried bringing him to reason and with a sigh, from Vincent's side, she had won.

"Okay"

They crossed the road and entered the store, getting a hold of a cart. She was putting in her groceries as he noiselessly walked with her.

"What happened to your marriage proposal...with your secret lover?" Zara queried.

"None of your business.", Vincent deadpanned and silence resumed between them yet again.

"You are right. Sorry", she hushed and moved onto the next aisle with quick steps, before squealing out loud, "Woah, Sticks! You know, these were my favourite crips back in England. I absolutely adore them", Zara explained in her excitement, looking between Vincent and the packets of crisps, while picking up a few packets of them at once and running to her cart, "I am so happy right now!"

"Those crisps are haram, by the way", Vincent called back. She halted her steps, forced herself to walk backwards and in front of him, throwing him a questioning glance.

"And how do you know that?" Zara asked in suspicion.

"I had Muslim friends at university", Vincent said and looked ahead, as if that was the only explanation he was ready to give. She slowly put away the crisps in dejection and groaned loudly.

"I really wanted them. They were halal in England", Zara said wistfully then looked back at Vincent, who was staring at her with an impassive expression.

"Again with the expressionless face", she muttered in annoyance as she walked towards the checkout.

"Is there someone here to pick you up yet?" Zara interrogated, once outside with her packed groceries.

"No, my driver is trapped in traffic", Vincent spoke with a shake of his head.

"I can drop you off if you want", Zara offered and Vincent looked at her in aghast.

"No, I will be fine. I will just wait for him", Vincent declined almost instantly but she continued persisting,

"Sir, I will drop you. Trust me. I am a safe driver"

"No, I am-"

"Come on, I will drop you", Zara cut him off, leaving no space for argument, and proceeded to her scooter. Vincent studied the time; he was getting late so might as well go with her. He simply sighed at the decision and followed her.

"Here is my beautiful scooter. Ready for the ride!" Zara proudly announced. Vincent looked at the pink scooter propped in front of him in absolute horror.