turned upside down

Getting up.

Getting ready for school.

Going to school.

Being in this boring hole for 6 or 7 hours.

Going home.

Making homework.

Going to sleep.

And repeat everything the next day.

I do nothing on the weekends, except for spending it with my family, who I of course love.

But, having no friends to hang out with kind of sucks.

My life is kind of useless. I’m a typical wallflower. I’m socially awkward as well.

Today I’m moving in with my grandparents, which means I’m leaving New Orleans; Louisiana, and I’m moving to Emmonak; Alaska.

The reason why I’m moving is because my dad died a few years ago, and my mother just remarried, and I just don’t want to be a burden on her marriage right now. And my grandparents offered me to live with them. I’m originally from Emmonak anyway, so it’ll just be like moving back to my actual home.

‘Sweetheart! We have to go, or else you won’t be on time for you plane!’ my mom yelled from downstairs.

‘I’m coming mom,’ I told her, ‘I just want to say goodbye to my room…’ I murmured to myself.

‘You know you can always come back, Den.’ my stepdad Peter told me.

‘I know Peter, thanks.’ I told him while giving him a fake smile, which he seemed to have bought.

The drive to the airport was long, and it made me think, a lot.

Did I really just want to leave? I mean, like, I could stay… but I know I would be a burden on my mom, and I know I’m not leaving anything behind by leaving, I had no friends, and I never had a boyfriend. The only person I was leaving behind was mom. But that was only to let her be happy. And I know that’s the right thing to do. So I shouldn’t feel sad. I won’t.

We arrived at the airport and peter was checking me in, as I didn’t know how to do that.

Before I would leave, my mom gave me the strongest most loving hug she has ever gave me. She even cried a little bit, and I couldn’t help but let a little teardrop fall from my eye, I mean this woman gave birth to me, she raised me, and after dad died, she was my mom and dad, she was the person I have loved the most, and right now I just want her to be happy for once, so I’m leaving.

‘M-mom… you’re chocking me…’ I told her. She let go and wiped her tears away.

‘J-just remember to call me when you arrive, okay?’

‘I will mom, you know I will.’ I told her with a smile.

‘Marie, it’s time for her to leave or else she won’t catch her plane’ Peter told her.

‘Yeah, I know.’ My mom told Peter.

She gave me on last hug and a kiss on my forehead, and then I left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving at the airport, I was trying to spot my grandparents.

I saw a man with a sign that said “Denali Calahan”. The man looked old, and he looked like a native Alaskan person. But his eyes were really soft, just like mom’s eyes. I guess that’s my grandfather.