chapter 1

A boy, no older than 5 years old, running for his life from an angry mob comprised of civilians as well as shinobi, each armed with a weapon. Each participant in this mob had one goal in mind: retribution. "Get the demon!" One villager cried as they ran after the young boy. "What did I do to you!?" The young boy screamed as he turned a corner, only to find he hit a dead end. "We've got you now demon boy!" Another villager, this one a shinobi, yelled out as he brandished a kunai. Each of the villagers took turns beating the boy. A young, five year old Naruto Uzumaki, had experienced the first of many attempts on his life.

-------------7 years later-----------

It was that time of year again. October 10th, the village's day of reckoning. A twelve year old Naruto stood in the same alley where all the attacks seemed to take place. Completely undaunted by the crowd rushing towards him. His eyes a pale, glazed over cerulean blue. The mob stopped. "What's wrong you little pest? Tired of running? Ready to just lay down and die and do the whole village a favor?" A shinobi in the front of the crowd said. "Hahahahahahahahaha........ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" the young boy started out with a quiet chuckle but it soon evolved into a full blown mad cackle. The laughter was so dark and full of insanity it shook everyone in the crowd to their core. "You're right about one thing...." the boy said in a hushed whisper with his head bowed. "IT'S TIME YOU ALL RAN FOR A CHANGE" the boy then screamed as he raised his head, revealing a pair of crimson red eyes, not like a sharingan or the eyes of the Kyuubi, just red, wild, staring eyes with a hint of inner madness but otherwise showing no emotion. The crowd was now visibly shaking "D-D-DEMON!!" the shinobi from earlier screamed as he ran from the boy. Naruto made no attempts to catch the coward. The rest of the mob was too in shock to run away. That was until Naruto looked at each of the members of the crowd. His deep red eyes burning into their souls. Naruto then smiled. "Boo" he said with a grin. The crowd finally fled in fear. That would be the last attack attempt on Naruto Uzumaki...

------------a week later-----------

It was academy graduation day. Naruto sat in his academy classroom, asleep. He couldn't be bothered with such trivial work. He was far too smart. Iruka Umino, the resident chunin instructor, saw Naruto sleeping and decided to wake him up. Iruka threw the small stick of chalk he had in his hand straight for Naruto's forehead. It never made contact. Naruto had awoken and effortlessly caught the projectile staring straight into Iruka's brown eyes with his wide, unyielding red. "You'll do good to remember not to do that again....Iruka" the boy said the last bit with clear malice, forgoing the honorific as if he couldn't be bothered with such a menial concept. Iruka gulped and continued his lesson. Naruto went back to his nap.

------------one hour later------------

Graduation was officially over. Naruto had passed, with a perfect score, which surprised everyone cause he scored even more than Sasuke Uchiha, the supposed best in the class. Now Iruka was droning on about how being a shinobi was hard and life threatening. Finally after what seemed like an eternity, Iruka finally started calling squads. "Squad 1 will be.........squad 7 is Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno. Your sensei is Kakashi Hatake." Iruka stopped as three things happened simultaneously. Sasuke glared at Naruto, Naruto looked completely uninterested, and Sakura both cheered at being on a team with Sasuke, and cried at being on a team with Naruto. Once the reactions calmed down, Iruka continued. After calling the rest of the teams, the teams met with their sensei. This is how we find team seven waiting for their sensei in the classroom. "Where is he!" Sakura screeched in her banshee voice. "Please be quiet Sakura" Naruto pleaded holding his head, her voice giving him said headache. "Shut up Naruto-" Sakura screamed again before getting cut off by a kunai held to her throat by Naruto who was standing behind her. "Sakura, I said be quiet" Naruto spat, tightening his grip on the kunai. Sakura paled, and Sasuke was wide-eyed. 'How did he move that fast' was what was on Sasuke's mind. Just then Kakashi walked in, completely unsurprised at the scene. "Naruto, don't decapitate her" Kakashi mumbled as he sat down. "No promises" Naruto said with a sick grin as he let Sakura go. "Where are we going?" Naruto asked and Kakashi simply replied "roof". Naruto nodded and walked out. Kakashi soon followed, with Sakura and Sasuke dragging behind, still in shock at what had just transpired.

I think to date this is the longest chapter I have written. Please read, I hate it when I work hard on something and no one reads it