The Cosmic Incarnate

Javanthi narated the story of the union of the sun and moon to Vihani.

"It happened at the beginning of the first age. At first there was Sandhya, the first one. Then came, Sandhya's first incarnate, the cosmic incarnation of Sandhya.

She loves to play, but at the time of her appearance there were no others to play with. She roamed around the world in search of someone or atleast something to play with.

After sometime, she returned back to the cave and waited, and kept on waiting till the arrival of the lords and ladies of nature.

Once they exited the cave, the cosmic incarnate wanted to play with them. But, as they were bound to the rules of the hall. They went in search of their abodes to fulfilled their duties. Some of them got married at once. The lord and lady of fire, the lord and lady of water, and the lord and lady of air married before assuming their duties. Others got married after sometime."

Vihani interrupted. "Are there ladies of fire, water and air? I was taught only about the lords.

Javanthi continued. "Yes, there are ladies, but they are forgotten these days. We remember only the lords.

The lord of fire is responsible only for large fires, mainly forest fires. The lady of fire is responsible for household and industrial fires, furnaces, hearths, candles and lamps are all in her domain.

The lord of water is responsible for the sea, the lady of water is responsible for rivers, lakes and wells. All the ladies of lakes and rivers are her manifestations. She is only responsible for liquid water bodies. Ice is the responsibility of her sister, who is still unmarried.

After some time the sun lord and moon lady got married."

Vihani questioned again. "Did all the marriages happen during that time?"

Javanthi answered. "Not all the marriages. The lord of war and lady of wheat got married in the middle of the second age. He married her because the other lords humiliated him as the one who brings starvation.

The sun lord and moon lady forgot their duties and spent all their time making love. The sun lord spent all his energy in making love, this made him lose his radiance and the day became dark. The moon lady absorbed all his energy and she became too bright. This change disturbed many natural cycles of the other lords and ladies. This was the first sign of the absence of the medal in the hall of rules.

Seeing this the other lords and ladies adviced them to concentrate on their duties, but the sun and moon ignored them. Next, the lords and ladies went back to the cave to get help from Sandhya, but she was in deep meditation. They didn't have the courage to disturb her, so they complained to the first incarnate.

The first incarnate went to the abode of the sun and moon, and adviced them, they ignored again. Angered, the first incarnate grabbed them both and turned them into two spheres and made them her play thing. Once bored, she threw them away one after another. She threw them with such force that they still keep moving.

After some time she decided that as husband and wife they need some personal time, so she changed their path in a way, that they could spend some time together. During those times they spend all their energy for making love, thus their light gets reduced and the world enters a short period of darkness. This is the union of sun and moon. This event is commonly known as an eclipse."

"What happened after that?" asked Vihani.

"All the lords and ladies were happy except one. The messenger lord, others treated him only as a messenger, not as lord equal to them because he didn't have any control over nature.Speed and memory were his only powers. He was isolated and he spent most of his time alone. No one spoke with him. When needed, other lords and ladies will call him, dictate the message, announce the receiver and send him away.

He was selfless and did his duties perfectly. He complained about his loneliness and isolation to a nearby coconut tree. He imagined it to be the first incarnate.

The first incarnate heard his grieving, and decided to honour and elevate his status. She went to his abode, no lord or lady has ever visited his abode. He at once touch her feet to show respect and also as a sign of thanking. She went there everyday. He touched her feet everyday. With each visit they got closer and closer. Then one day she proposed to marry him. It was just a proposal for her, but for him it was an order, which he can't reject. He agreed at once.

The marriage was announced to all the lords and ladies. None of them liked it, but they didn't speak anything. They feared doing so might anger the first incarnate.

After the marriage, the first incarnate moved from her throne to the humble abode of the messenger lord. On the next day the messenger lord touched her feet as usual but she opposed. "It is not proper for the husband to touch the feet of his wife."

"But you are still the first incarnate, aren't you?"

"Of course, I am. But, in your case, I am also your wife."

"That means I shouldn't touch your feet?"

"Yes."

He began to cry.

"Why? What's wrong?" asked the first incarnate.

"I've got used to it, I cannot start my day without touching your feet."

She consoled him. "There's a very important reason in our marriage. As you know I am superior to all the lords and ladies. I am also very playful and short tempered these characteristics could make me arrogant. That would be harmful to the cosmic balance. The only way to keep my ego under control and to suppress my anger is by surrendering myself to someone. As a woman there is no one better to surrender than my husband. If I let you touch my feet, the purpose of the marriage will be lost."

As she continued with her explanation, all her concentration was focused on him. Taking advantage of this situation, the cosmic empress brought chaos into the cosmic order. The lords and ladies of nature had no means to restore order.

They decided to get help from the first incarnate. But no one had the courage to disturb the first incarnate while she is alone with her husband.

The lady of domestic animals came forward, she turned into a dove and flew between the couple, diverting the concentration of the first incarnate. She at once turned into her true form and informed the situation.

The first incarnate left the abode of the messenger lord and returned to her throne.All the others gathered around her, and took their respective seats. She inquired each one of them separately. One by one she restored order in their respective domains. All of them left except one, the lord of darkness, silence and nothingness. He was obsessed by her beauty. He kept on looking at her breasts without blinking his eyes, he forgot whom he was looking at, he even forgot where he was.

When all the others left, the first incarnate got up from her throne and walked towards the lord of darkness. While she moved, his eyes moved along, but his focus remained fixed.

Once she reached him, she lightly knocked his forehead with her right hand knuckles. He regained his senses. He stood up at once. His lust turned into fear. He tried to speak but he couldn't. His whole body started to sweat. He didn't have the courage to look at her face.

She slowly raised his chin with her right hand. He looked at her face. She smiled. She hugged him. Blessed him. And walked out. She knew that there was nothing to be restored in his domain and the sole purpose of his visit to the throne was to admire her.

The first incarnate accepted his lust as a form of attachment to her. There aren't any rituals to please the first incarnate. All you have to do is to show you attachment to her. It could be love, or it could be respect as shown by the messenger lord, or it could even be lust." Javanthi completed her narration.

Javanthi knew all these because of her advanced magical education. Only people with high level of magical knowledge knew about the existence of Sandhya, the first incarnate and the incidents of the first age.

Other royals and nobles had basic knowledge about the lords and ladies. All the royals knew the rituals to please and get help from the lords and ladies. The other classes lacked this knowledge. The code of pearl prevents the other classes from gaining this knowledge, as a result the other classes cannot get any help from any lord or lady to topple the Nihariyan monarchy.