Sparks - Julian Edelman

For @MaggieHill55 

"Look, you'll love this guy, he's totally in your caliber." My friend Ella insisted, I just rolled my eyes. 

"I'm tired of trying to find the right guy Ella." I sighed, going through my closet, looking for anything really to where for the party she was hosting later.

"Look, just meet him okay? If you don't like him you don't like him. Come to the party and he will be there." I looked over at her and her face lit up in excitement, I couldn't say no to that. 

"Ugh, fine. But only for you." She flew her hands up in victory, falling back on the bed.

"Yes! Jaz, you won't be disappointed." I better not be.

I decided on a short gold dress that hugged me in the right places and some makeup to match. I was at least going to look good for this.

---------

I walked up to Ella's house, which was huge. She happened to marry rich, not because she's a gold digger, but that the guy she fell in love with just happened to be a rich Boston entrepreneur, figures.

Walking up the house, I could already here the music playing inside, it was always a party here. I knocked and waiting.

"Jaz finally!" Ella yelled, leading me in. I was promptly greeted by James, her husband. "Hey Jaz, good to have you here." I nodded and greeted him back. I liked James, I didn't know him very well, but I knew him and Ella were perfect for each other. 

"So, about this guy?" I asked and she smiled. "He's here." She said, I could tell she was so excited. She started to walk through the crowd, finally she led me to one of her lounge areas with a few couches and chairs. 

"Sit here." She said, winked at me, and walked away. I felt almost nervous. Who was this mystery guy that she thought was so perfect for me? I waited for what seemed about five minutes when I could overhear some talking.

"She's in there." I heard someone say and as I watched the door, he walked in.

Holy shit.

It's Julian Edelman.

I wanted to run out right now, God this man was more gorgeous in person and as he neared me he was getting hotter by the second.

"Hello, I'm Julian." He held his hand out to shake as I jumped up to meet him. "H-Hi I'm Jaz." God his eyes, they were so beautiful and his smile, don't even get me started on his smile.

I didn't even realize I kept shaking my hand until he laughed. 

"I'm sorry." I laughed nervously, pulling my hand away and sitting down with him. "Don't be, I thought it was kinda cute." Oh my God he thought it was cute. All I could do was giggle nervously.

"I'm just kinda starstruck right now. My friend said she was setting me up with a guy that was fit for me in my caliber, but I had no idea it would be Julian Edelman, I wasn't really prepared." He smiled a shy smile, I don't know how of all people he could be shy.

"My friend told me that I was going to be meeting a girl that out of the world gorgeous and loved sports like me." I blushed just hearing him say those words.

"Was he right?" I dared to ask and he smiled again, looking me straight in the eyes. "Well, I haven't found out about the sports yet, but I have to agree you are out of the world gorgeous." God I must of been so red.

"And what about me? Do I fit up to your caliber?" He asked and I immediately pfft.

"You're like a hundred levels above my caliber." He pfft back.