Julian the Babysitter

For @miyouna_w 

"I can't believe they are calling me in today, they promised a day off." Cara complained, standing up from the couch.

"I mean you are on call though right?" I asked, following her through the house in her little panic.

"Yeah but still. I've worked six days in a row, I deserved a day off. It's whatever though, now I gotta find someone last minute to take care of Charlie and Grayson." She pulled her phone out, scrolling through her contacts.

"Aren't they both sixteen? Why do they need someone to take care of them?" She laughed, looking up at me.

"Remember when I complained to you about Grayson breaking the television when he decided to play football in the house?" I looked back to that memory and laughed.

"Oh yeah. Well, why don't I take them?" She started to bust up laughing, but then it stopped when she looked at me and saw I was serious.

"Wait, really? You take them to practice with you? I don't think so." She started to go through her phone again when I grabbed it from her.

"Come on Cara! I can do it! Let me prove myself that I can do it. I'm dating the most beautiful girl in the world, and I'd like to prove I can handle her teens." She smiled, before grabbing my arm to pulse close and into a kiss, I wasn't objecting. 

"Okay, just don't lose them or get them killed okay?" She said, taking her phone back before grabbing and putting her name badge. 

"Promise." I said flicking her name badge before she walked to the stairs.

"Charlie! Grayson! Come down here!" About a minute later both came walking down.

"Move slower will you." Charlie grumbled, pushing Grayson at the last step, who just pushed back.

"Okay you guys quit. I have to go to work unexpectedly, so Julian is taking you to practice with him and will watch you today." Both of them looked over to me and then back to her.

"We can take care of ourselves, we are almost adults mom." She snickered, grabbing her purse.

"Good one Grayson. Have a fun day with Julian." 

We walked out following her as she locked the door. Gave her a last kiss as she got in the car and drove off, leaving me and the teens.

"Ready?" I asked, arms out smiling. 

They pained a smile. Damnit they were going to enjoy this day if it killed me.

----

"So you guys like football?" I asked as we walked to the field for practice. "Yeah." Grayson said, quietly. They were always so quiet around me, I wanted them to feel comfortable, it was important they did.

"How about you Charlie?" She looked over at me and smiled. "I think footballs real cool, especially you guys." I smiled back, finally a good response. 

"So why aren't we in Gillette?" Grayson asked, seeing that our practice field isn't the main playing field.

"Well we don't practice on the playing field. We practice near by though. You guys are gonna get to meet the team. Have a favorite player?" I could see Grayson eyes light up when we reached the field and saw the rest of the team. 

"Tom Brady." He pointed to him and I wanted to roll my eyes, that's always the favorite. But hey for good reason, he is THE goat. 

"Well, you're gonna meet him today and everyone else. Charlie?" She looked around for a second and then pointed.