Lost

The day was cold autumn. The flocks of birds flying north heading on their long journeys to their designated islands, towns and cities, preparing for the winter breeze. The cold sweat that trickled down my front, back and sides of the amount of running I was doing. Aidan was happy, the fresh air, the atmosphere, everything both he and I loved, the season of Autumn.

We walked up the driveway of my house and I instantly noticed a note of the door that made me freeze. I prayed that it was left by the neighbours but much to my horrors it was an eviction letter. I ripped it off the door and read it, I then screwed it up as my bones shook in anger, I crushed the paper and sat down on the porch, bursting into tears.

I heard my phone begin to ring someone I looked to see it was Simon that Aidan tried to call which surprised me as he didn't like Simon all that well. The dial rung three times before Simon answered.

S: Cody?

As soon as he said my name I burst into a uncontrollable cry.

S: Cody?! Are you alright?!

C: Si-Simon

I quickly ended the call, I was physically dying inside knowing that I was homeless. I continued to cry and cry until I heard cars roll up outside my house.

I saw Harry and JJ run up to me as I laid there on the porch. I watched Ethan pick up the letter that I threw.

"It's an eviction letter" Ethan said and I sobbed.

"She only has today and tomorrow, she's lucky she didn't go to prison for this debt" Tobi said in shock.

"What am I going to do?" I sobbed and Josh comforted me.

"Well you're definitely not going to be homeless, that's for sure." Josh giggled and a smiled.

"She can live with me, like Harry said, we're here for her now" Simon spoke

I looked at him, shocked that he actually was going to let me live with him.

"Are you sure? I have friends up north that I guess could help me out" I sniffled.

"No." He said sternly "You're staying with me" He said and I connected eyes with him.

"I'll start packing" I said with a croak. 

---------

Sooner or later everything was packed up and at Simon's apartment "Last box" I heard Simon say behind me then he plonked the box down on the bed.

I turned around to face the tired man, his blue eyes were dull from a lack of energy and I couldn't help but stare in awe. I walked over to him slowly and wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him tightly. His stiff body collapsed into the hug as he snuggled his head into my neck. 

"I can't explain to you how happy I am and how grateful I am to have you as a friend" I mumbled into his neck then pulled away "You're a good man, Si" I said with a smile before kissing his cheek.

"I'm gonna go record this video, you do what you please" he said then left my room.

I sorted out the final box then heard the grumble of Aidan "You can't hate him, he saved us from the cold, the streets Aidan. I lied, I don't even know if them friends are sill up north, without him we're screwed, be grateful for once" I said, snapping at him. 

I was about to go to the toilet when I heard the laughter of Simon. I peeped my head around the corner, he seemed so happy with YouTube and the rest of the boys, look what it brought him. 

"Aight guys, leave a like for some more COD zombies! Subscribe to me and the guys as well! Cya!" He said making a backwards peace sign to the camera before stopping everything. 

"Aight i'm gonna go lads, see you tomorrow" He said then ended the call.

He turned around and jumped in the sight of me "Cody! Jesus! You scared the crap out of me, don't creep up on me again please" He said holding his chest.

"Can you teach me" I said and his eyes lit up, he knew I was on about YouTube.

"I'll make you one now" He smiled. 

"Thank you" I giggled "You hungry?" I said and he nodded.

"I'll see if I can make us something" I said then walked along to the kitchen island. 

I opened the fridge to see ingredients for fajita's so I decided to do so. I noticed that a few things were out of date and moulding.

"Simon this is disgusting" I smirked awkwardly.

"What is?"

"The amount of shit that is out of date and moulding in your fridge?" I said laughing.

"Don't judge me! I'm a busy person" He giggled.

"You like Fajita's?"

"My favourite"

I started to prep then cook the meal, whilst it was browning through I decided to clean the fridge and cupboards that had the out of date foods. I opened the cupboard to see a monstrosity. I let out a scream then fell to the ground. 

Simon come running round the corner in a panic to see me on the floor covering my nose and crying in laughter "What?! Cody are you ok?" He said.

"WHAT IS THAT!" I said then pointed at the green liquid bread that was dying in the packet.

"Ok, now that is bad" He said scratching the back of his head.

"Thats some nastiness Simon! It looks like voodoo... jungle bread!" I said bursting out laughing.

He grabbed my arms trying to stop me from laughing but ended up laughing himself. Our laughs came to a rest leaving me and Simon with locked eyes, his grip on my arms, his height devouring mine and a lost trance. 

"You're beautiful" He said in a whisper, and for some reason my heart fluttered.

We stepped closer, both knowing what we were doing, inches away from eachother- Beep. Beep. Beep. 

"Oh shit the food" I said as I broke from his grip and rushed to the food. 

"I'll let you get to it" He said leaving the kitchen area and going back to his seat. 

I looked at the food to see that it wasn't done yet, it needed another 2 minutes. I already knew the culprit. Aidan.

"You're such a prick" I spat.

"Huh?" Simon said, thinking I was talking to him.

"Oh no! Nothing! Just talking to myself" I smiled awkwardly.

"Ah okay" He smiled.