The Sidemen

{Please read Author's Note, its important.}

We hopped out of Simon's red range rover evoque and I pulled my denim jacket around my body as I started shivering. I felt a tap to my side to see Simon insisting for me to wear his jacket I smiled and put it on underneath my denim jacket. We headed up the elevator and my nerves started to kick in, although I was semi-confident, I got shy around new people. The elevator pinged and we stepped out, I followed closely behind Simon and waited for him to open the door.

"Guys, I'm back!" He shouted and you heard a bunch of screaming.

"Nand-" The boy who I recognised as Tobi froze.

"Wheres the Nando's?" He whimpered, looking at Simon's empty hands.

"I'll get it ordered privately, I saw her crying on her own, she needed a friend so I said she could come back with me" Simon said and they all nodded.

"Hi, I'm Cody" I said with my raspy voice that falls faint or squeaks whenever I say certain words.

"Hi Cody" They all said in unison.

I kept stood awkwardly smiling, tears started to fill my eyes as remembered the situation I was stuck in. I burst out crying, this was the most unstable I was at throughout my entire life.

"No! Don't cry!" Tobi said, pulling me in for a hug.

I soaked up my tears as best as I could, I knew it wasn't just the job loss I was worried about, it was everything I had kept locked away.

"Nando's?" The one I recalled as JJ said.

"Sure, let's get Cody out and about, fresh air is needed" Harry exclaimed.

"We were just there but sure why not" Simon sighed.

"I call shotgun" Ethan shouted.

----

We arrived at the dreaded Westfield once again, finishing up mine and JJ's singing session. We all hopped out of the car and met up with the others, however another girl had appeared.

"Cody this is Freya, Freya this is Cody" Josh said introducing the blonde to me.

She was quite the opposite to me, blonde hair whereas I had brown, blue eyes whereas I had a tea stained hazel, a decent height a few inches taller than my 5'3 self, she was more slender however I had my little curves and was quite petite. Her fashion sense was quite bright, modern- however mine was more slumber, dark.

"Hi Cody" she smiled.

"Hey Freya" I said then gesturing for a hug.

She seemed okay so far but I'm not the type to jump to conclusions.

"So are you and Josh together" I asked with a smile.

"Yeah, for a long time now, too long-" she giggled and Josh poked her.

"What about you has Simon finally found his one to be?" She raised an eyebrow and I could here the boys giggling behind me.

"No, we're just friends" I smiled.

"Friend zone!" Vikk shouted and the contagious laughs of JJ and Behz filled my ears.

"Shut up Vikk!" Simon pushed him

"Let's just go" he added taking hold of my wrist and heading towards the entrance.