25

jungkook looked at himself in the mirror one last time, straightened his tie, and walked into the chapel with a heavy heart.

he sat down on a seat with his name on it, handwritten in a cursive font.

he cleared his throat and sighed, taking a chance and actually looking around the area.

the location they chose was beautiful, he thought, looking out the window at the lake that sat just outside.

of course she'd choose a lake, he chuckled to himself.

he made eye contact with namjoon, who stood at the front of the alter.

jungkook got up and walked over to him. 

"hey man," namjoon said, giving jungkook a handshake. "glad you could make it."

"congratulations," jungkook said, pushing down the ache in his heart. "you've reached a great milestone in your life."

"thanks," namjoon laughed. "if i had known you were a photographer, i would've hired you for pictures instead of that guy over there. he's done nothing but eat the o d'oeuvres."

jungkook laughed. 

soon he looked at namjoon with a serious face. "take care of her."

namjoon nodded. "of course."

the music started to play faintly in the distance, and jungkook took that as his cue to go back to his seat.

he adjusted his tie one last time and fixed his gelled back hair, ignoring the accelerated beats of his heart as the music got louder.

but once he laid eyes on the beautiful bride,

it felt like he had never moved on in the first place.