••• FIVE •••

Começar do início

Just as he placed his finger upon one, the atmosphere of the room begins to tense, a tunnel-like vision occurring as my brain becomes light headed.

Travon lands his finger upon a sentence, skimming over and over it again as I take in deep breaths.

"Heka....the slayer of royal blood."

"What?!" I hiss, quickly pacing myself to where Travon stands.

He hands me the book, the heaviness surprising me as Travon points to the paragraph.

There's an illustration, one of a man portrayed with pale skin and poor clothes, pulling back upon an arrow in a black bow as one man sits upon a throne.

My father killed the man who wears a crown.

My father killed the King.

Looking up to Travon, I see fear in his eyes. I read the paragraph repeatedly, my palms becoming sweaty as I wonder what will happen next. My father shot and killed the past King right before the Prince's eyes. My father vanished into thin air before anyone could bring him to justice and has not been heard of for eight years. The son of the King swore to find my father and bring him to death along with all who reside with him.

Looking up to Travon, I see worry within his eyes. "I cannot let you stay within the palace walls any longer," he explains. "If they find out what you are, you will be beheaded as a warning to all."

"Who? Who would do so?" I ask.

"The King, the son of the King your father murdered."

He's right, I need to leave and leave fast.

Grabbing the book, Travon puts it away fast, motioning for me to begin walking back down the stairs as all I can concentrate on in my father. Why would he kill a man, a King? What made him murder a ruler? But even more important: where is he now?

Just as we reach the first floor, the doors shoot open, everyone within the room dropping to the floor and bowing. Travon grabs me, placing me beside him and taking me to the ground with him. We take the pose of everyone else within the records room, my heart skipping a beat as I can see shoes and a long robe trailing behind the individual. The robes are beautiful, white fur around a thick and silky maroon fabric. This man is royalty. But who?

He walks around the room, circling it as he passes bye every individual, getting closer to where I bow. If he does not linger too long, I shall be fine.

"Who has spoken the name?" What name? How would they even know what name was spoken? Were they just passing by or what?

He stops right before Travon.

"The name of a savage."

The voice. The voice of the man is what draws me in the most. The rich sound, baritone, beautiful to listen to. Yet it's a voice I would image not an angel to have, but a character such as Hades, one who is deceiving and dark. But a voice like that, one that holds so much authority and power, that I could get used to. Travon. I can sense it now. Travon is shaking. He is scared.

"The name of a murderer."

Heka.

My father's stage name. This man is describing my father. Is my father's stage name cursed now or something? Guards move forward as my arms begin to shake. They rip Travon from the floor and onto his feet, the individual taking a step back.

"Was it you?" He's talking to Travon. What will he do to him? Harm him? I am the one who got Travon into this mess. I am the one who is responsible for any wrongs to Travon or even Soka's kin for that matter. The individual steps away from Travon, the guards releasing him as he drops to the floor and back to kneeling.

Just as I think he's gone, I let out a sharp scream of surprise, my eyes wide as pain shoots through my arms.

Those eyes. The eyes that seem to hold the galaxy within them. Every constellation, planet, nebula, every aspect of the stunning universe held within those eyes as I could get lost in them for centuries. These are the eyes that have flooded my dreams.

The room falls still as no words are spoken, the only aspect that reminds me I am not dreaming is the pain of the guards holding me up.

"Or was it the small female..." The man states, his voice almost a whisper as he sounds as if it is hard to speak. "The one who no one would expect."

He takes a step forward, his hand reaching up, fingers softly brushing my cheek as my eyes expand. Shocks spread across every inch of skin he traces, my heart beating faster than a hummingbird's wings as I become speechless. He's inches from me, his guards no longer holding me as I stay up on my own. The way he looks at me, positions himself before me, how he barely even touches me, it all makes me wonder what is truly happening.

"Why would such an innocent creature speak such a discourteous name," he whispers, as if to himself as he comes closer. And I stay still, a soft breath escapes my lips as his tilts his head to the side.

And that's when I see it, the crown, the massive golden crown holing so much design and jewels that causes me to feel fear. This is the man that wants my father dead. This is the very man that would see me beheaded as a warning. This is the man Travon feared me ever running into.

This is the King, and I'm now in his domain.

He pulls back, walking around me as he scans me from top to bottom as his fingers dance across my shoulders for a second. It's as if he has a limitless longing to just be next to me, embrace me, see me, make sure I am not just a fixture of his imagination.

"Why would you say such a cursed name? Treacherous names should never leave those lips of yours."

He motions for his guards, the man laying a hand each upon my shoulder as I know trouble awaits me.

"It's as if you need to be taught a lesson."

My eyes widen, watching as a hint of mischief fills those eyes and I'm scared for my life.

"Do not fret, Astronomer Travon, she is in respectable hands now."

Respectable hands now?

It kicks in as he King turns his back to me, his guards ushering me out as this all feels like I have no control anymore. It kicks in that I am no longer in the hands of someone I trust to get me out of here, but in the hands of a man who will never let me leave.

And it's just a matter of time until he uncovers what I am.