••• FIVE •••

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Keep silent in here, I will nod when you are to speak," Travon orders, looking back to the door as he waves his hand.

The doors open, revealing a room that causes me to think of the Tardis. Small on the outside and big on the inside. It's as if this massive castle on gets bigger as you set foot inside.

I follow Travon, the sunlight streaming in as I'm amazed. Book shelves line the walls, sliding ladders everywhere, stairs to a second and even third story as only more folders and books lie before us. The smell of old books causes my heart to warm. The floor is polished to perfection, a crest of the Iduna Kingdom in the center of the floor as guards are on each side of the door.

Few people are here, most dressed in fancier attire as they skim the shelves for certain records.

"There are three record libraries in the palace. This one is for primarily historical records that even date back to when Selene created the werewolf race. But also, in this library is a small list of unusual people that have crossed this land, the kingdom keeping a knee eye upon them."

So, he thinks this is where we shall find the news of my father.

Travon leads me up the stairs, to the second floor as we pass by book shelf after book shelf. Soon, we are hidden from the public eye, Travon skimming every shelf for whatever we are exactly looking for.

He pulls out one of the books, a silver ribbon tied around to keep the contents in. Untying the ribbon, he opens the book, golden dust escaping as he flips through the pages.

"How long ago did your father vanish?"

"Eleven years in my world," I remind him, crossing my arms as I look around for anyone close bye. "His name was William."

Travon skims the book, heading back further as his fingers trace the countless pages.

William was his true name, but he adapted a new one when he took the stage and the cameras were all on him. He loved magic, he did not believe it was just science that the world had not discovered yet. My father believed magic was of its own essence.

"What would he have done here?"

I barely even knew my father. How could I guess what he would do here? But he loved magic, and if this was his final trick, the only explanation would be to explore.

"Travel the land. If anything, he would have come here as well."

Why wouldn't he come here? The Capitol of the world he had searched for countless years.

"Peculiar travels are not common, but I can try and find him."

Hours later and countless books as well, I sit against a bookshelf, my eyes barely peeled open as Travon is one row down, still searching for the name of my father to appear.

Would William even be used? Sure, it was his true name, but would he have used his true name in a magical world. Would he of rather used his magician name in this magical world?

"Can I offer you another name?" I ask, Travon looking over his shoulder to me. He nods. "Heka."

"What is that name?" Travon asks, a tone in his voice that makes me wonder what is wrong with the name.

"A country in my world called Egypt, it's the world for the personification of magic, like the ancient practice of it."

Travon shuts the book, quickly putting it away as he rushes to me. Grabbing my arm, he pulls me with him, up another flight of stairs as my heartbeat quickens.

"Have you heard the name?"

Travon nods. "One of a kind."

I raise an eyebrow as Travon's hands begin to shake, letting go of me as he skims the rows of records.