Chapter 1

•Blair's POV•

My head is pounding as I wake up this morning. Last night's events are hazy but there is a constant buzzing on my bed side table. I'm pretty sure I'm hungover because I have never experienced anything like this before. I reach for my phone on the bed side table.

"Hello?" My voice is groggy and dry. I hear shuffling in the back ground but don't pay much attention. "I'm going to hang up" I say.

"Don't you dare hang up Blair! We need to be at the airport in an hour are you ready?" Jordyn says through the phone. Aaliyah comes through the door with a bottle of water and Advil.

"What I am supposed to be ready for?" I ask both of them after I swallow the Advil with water. They both yell at me causing me to drop the phone and cover my ears.

"Um your going with Jordyn to L.A. today Blair. We bought first class tickets for you to go and enjoy yourself from all the work at the restaurant" I groan after Aaliyah is done explaining finally remembering last night.

"Don't worry I knew you would forget this, so I packed your bags and I will drop you off at the airport" Aaliyah says before leaving the room. I rush into the bathroom to take a quick shower. As the warm water cascades down my body I regret booking the plane ticket. Never have I ever ventured far from Illinois. I dress in a hurry seeing as the airport is 15 minutes away and I only have 30 minutes before the plane takes off.

"Pleas tell me why you let book the plane ticket when I was drunk off my mind of wine?" I ask Aaliyah as we drive towards the airport.

"You, Blair, have done nothing bought work at the restaurant since we started the business together. You need a break and I got the restaurant covered along with our employees" I lay my head against the window hoping I was dreaming. Next thing I know Aaliyah is helping me take the bags though airport security.

"Blair you finally made it. I got us an upgrade to first class promising the management to a nice bottle of my Dad's famous champagne for free" Jordyn exclaims as she drags me away from our friend Aaliyah.

"I will se you in a week Blair! Have fun both of you" we hear Aaliyah shout as we get in line to board the plane. Jordyn sits a down and across from my seat. As soon as she sits down she grabs the free blanket and places her headphones in her ears. The flight attendant says the plane will be taking off soon. As the plane ascends into the air I grab onto the seat for dear life. A hand soon grabs mind squeezing it until the plane is in the air.

"Thank you sir" I don't bother turning around thinking it is a older fellow. He stands up and settles himself next to my seat. I see Jordyn for the corner of my eye sending me suggestive winks I shake my head before turning to the attractive man next to me.

"How rude of me! My name is Nate Maloley" he extends his hand for me to shake. I shake his hand before introducing myself.

"Blair Brooks" We sit in silence before Nate breaks it.

"There's champagne that they are serving want some?"

"Yes that would be nice" he calls the flight attendant to bring us to a glass of champagne and a glass of Hennessy for himself. We talk and get to know each other a bit more.

"So why we're clinging on to the seat when the plane was ascending" Nate asks full of curiosity as he leans back on the seat.

"I have never been on a plane before. I also haven't been outside of Illinois. Better question why did you grab my hand?" I ask interested in why he would help a stranger out. He chuckles before setting his cup down on the makeshift table.

"Well your knuckles were white and and I saw you board the plane and decides you were worth helping out" Nate responds.

"So the only reason you helped was to get into my pants?" I question teasingly. Nate continues to chuckle but quiets down seen that most of the first class passengers are asleep.

"Maybe or maybe not you will never know now Blair" he says before the flight attendant asks him to go back to his assign seat. He sits down behind me in his seat after leaning over to tell me something.

"If you need a hand to hold as we land on the ground. My hand is available" I grab his hand as I feel the plane starts to descend the plane lands safely. Nate offers to help me carry my carry on bags as we reach the terminals I decline as Jordyn walks along side.

"Well Blair I guess I will see you around, but before you go I would like to do something" I stare at Nate wondering what he is talking about. Nate leans in slowly and places his lips on mine. The kiss is slow before it starts to get heated. Jordyn starts whistling as she sees me kiss a Nate whom I've only known for a few hours.
We pull apart smiling at each other.

"Well that definitely a nice way to say goodbye to someone whom you've only known for a plane ride" I tell Nate as we head towards the passport checking areas.

"Indeed it was but I feel as I've known you forever see you around Blair" Nate waves goodbye leaving me with Jordyn who is asking a lot of questions. I'm still amazed I kissed him and he kissed me. Maybe my stay in L.A. Won't be so bad if I see Nate Maloley around.