My Traumatic Experience

Story By: muslimah9514

Assalamualeykum everyone

So I decided to start the book with one of my own stories. This story took place when I was in grade 11 (high school). I don't remember why I wasn't at school that day but for some reason I was at home sleeping. Don't judge me. It was around 9 am so I had every right to be sleeping. Anyways while I was sleeping I suddenly got this weird feeling telling me that I should get up right now. I was weirded out, but I got up regardless. Literally a few minutes later my dad passes out and my mom starts crying and panicking. It turns out that he was bleeding internally. Naturally I was shocked and scared at the scene before me. My mom is crying and she doesn't know what to do. Thank God I was composed and I was the one who called the paramedics. After some time the paramedics came in and took my dad to the emergency room with my mom tagging along. This meant I was now alone at home. The thing about me is I will be composed and okay as long as there's someone there with me. But the minute my parents left and I was left alone at home, I broke down.

Now at the time my sister too was in high school and that day was a half day if I do remember correctly so about an hour or two later my sister came home where normally school wouldn't be out until 4 more hours. So I wasn't alone anymore meaning I didn't have to stress out as much. Thank God we later found out that my dad was going to be alright and it happened because he was stressed out over something.

Lesson of the story:

For indeed, with hardship (will be) ease. (Qur'an: 94: 5). 

Yes, this experience was one of the most scariest moments in my life but everything fell into place perfectly. Allah tests us because the purpose of this life is to be tested but with every difficulty comes ease. My mom didn't have to deal with this situation all alone as I happened to been there. I didn't have to deal with this alone because my sister happened to come home earlier than usual that day. And overall we survived this traumatic experience, with the will and mercy of Allah. This experience taught me to always trust Allah and know that Allah is best of planners.

... But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners (Qur'an: 8:30). 

Story Timeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें