The Revolution

Luna's POV

I sat at the dinner table, my family surrounding me.

"Mother, what do you say about me going and joining the revolution?" My brother asked.

"I would be honored to have you go to join." my mother said happily.

"What about me mother?" I asked. My brother and father had dropped their fork on their plates.

"What have you been thinking? You know we have to charter you off." My brother said to me.

"No, I can do what I wish." I said standing up causing my chair to make a screeching sound behind me. "Because it's already final." I said running up to my room in the giant mansion that my parents have owned since I was a child. I slammed my bedroom door behind me. I grabbed the already packed bag under my bed and quickly changed out of my dress into a shirt and a pair of pants which I had bought in the town as soon as I heard that George Washington accepted my application. Forgetting to put my gender into my letter.

My father rushed inside of my room and started yelling.

"What were thinking!?! The battlefield is not a lady!!" I screamed.

"Fine, I'll stay but please let me change." I said. He nodded and walked out my door. I saw his shadow standing outside my door. I crept over to my window and silently opened the latch and opened the window plain. I looked at the railing to my window. I was currently two stories up high.  Two stories between me and freedom. Is this how it felt to be a slave? To be so close to freedom but being denied everything that you had worked so hard to get. I didn't throw away my shot and jumped landing on the ground and rolling forward. I hear my father yelling out of my window. I sprinted to the stable near the side of the house.

"Charlie! Come on!" I yelled and my horse went wild as I unlocked the stable. My horse- Charlie- started coming out the small space. I jumped on the saddle which was sitting on the black hair and his back.

"H'YAH!" I yelled slapping the rope against his neck. Riding him out of stables and out onto the front lawn.

"STOP HER!" I heard yelling from the front of the house. I slapped the rope against his neck again to speed him up. I rode out of the front gate and it finally hit me. I was free. I threw my hands up and yelled:

"YEAH!"

I put my left hand back on the rope. I grabbed the bag off my back and clipped it to the saddle and rid until I saw camp.