Chapter 29*

The sun had just set on the beautiful island. The sky was a strong pink color and the water slowly turned black. It was absolutely breathtaking. For someone who said he didn't do the whole romance thing, Andy had picked out a pretty darn romantic place to spend our time at.

We had shared a yummy dinner at an adorable barbeque-style restaurant. And once it became dark, the place turned into an open bar with candlelight and live music played by local musicians. I absolutely loved it.

Andy had me in his lap on one of the comfy lounges, pecking my neck so every now and then, while I watched the musicians play. Not all too many people were around, but it made it all the more enjoyable.

While Andy's lips were on my neck, he suddenly groaned. So I turned my head towards him, frowning curiously. "What's wrong, Daddy?" I whispered to him.

Without so much a word, he pulled his phone from his pocket and rolled his eyes as he stared momentarily at the lit up screen. "I need to take this." He murmured a tad bitterly.

As the phone kept buzzing, Andy practically pushed me off him during his attempt to get up. And so I just sat there, wide-eyed, as he started walking away from me.

Had I done something wrong?

But then Andy turned around again, walking back to me with a deep frown etched into his normally smooth forehead. "I'm sorry." He said, leaning down to kiss the top of my head. "Stay here, alright? Don't make me search for you."

I nodded quickly. "I promise." I then assured him, causing a barely noticeable smile to form on his lips.

I kind of figured at that point that it must've been a call from the office, or perhaps his mother. Maybe even Andrea? Who knew. . . I couldn't help but to have this strange feeling in my gut, though.

Only a minute or so after Andy had left, a group of women who had been dancing to the live music for quite a while, decided to sit down on the lounges adjacent to the one I was sitting on.

"Oh, hold on!" One of them said, gasping before she turned towards me. "Is it okay if we sit here?" She then asked.

I chuckled a little, nodding slowly. "Of course."

"Thanks! Are you here by yourself?" The same woman, with purple dyed hair and flowers around her neck, continued to ask me.

"No I uh- my boyfriend is over there, on the phone." I answered, nodding my head towards Andy, standing half in the shadow of the terrace looking slightly frustrated as he held the phone to his ear. I really hoped everything was all right.

"Oh, the handsome one with the Hawaiian shirt and black hair?" A different woman in the group wanted to know. And I snorted a little, remembering our little argument that morning about the orange and red Hawaiian shirt. I had told Andy he needed some color in his life, so I bought him a shirt from a guy selling them on the beach. He hated it, but he wore it anyway.

"That would be him." I sang softly, feeling a sense of warmth in my heart.

"He's gorgeous, girl! Nice catch!"

I blushed a little at that, but it was true; Andy was indeed a nice catch. The nicest, if I said so myself. And I was more than happy that things were working out thus far.

"Tied the knot yet?" The purple-haired woman asked. But I simply shook my head. "Oh, well I'm about to!" She then excitedly went on, showing me her sparkly engagement ring before she then showed me a photo of her fiancée and went on about how going to this place with her friends was her bachelorette party. It was really nice, honestly.