Chapter 25*

it's been way too damn long, I know! I'm sorry! work has kept me quite busy... not to forget that I'm in pain lately thanks to a little something called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. but anyway, gonna write through the pain! so here's 2 chapters because it's been so long.

## == ## == ##

Usually, I didn't sleep in that much. Most of the time I was awake between eight and nine, and this morning was no different. It was twenty past eight when I woke up, but something else was different; Andy wasn't beside me.

He had the tendency, even though he was usually awake between five and six, to just lie around and watch me sleep. . . or occasionally wake me in whatever interesting way he saw fit.

But this time, he wasn't there. Instead, there was a note on his pillow.

"Good morning, baby girl. I'm sorry I'm not there to watch you as you wake. I was needed at the office. Love, Andy."

Honestly, I was surprised that he had signed the note with his name, but I didn't question it. So I just went to the bathroom to take a shower, I got dressed, and then I headed downstairs into the kitchen.

Surprise hit me once more when I noticed that Andrea wasn't there yet. But of course, ever since Andy had decided that he didn't need to be at the office any earlier than ten, she usually didn't come any earlier than ten either.

But on the kitchen counter I did find another note.

"Hey, baby girl. If you find this, it means Andrea isn't there yet. I'm sorry I'm not around to watch over you. Please don't do anything dangerous. Call me. Love, your Daddy."

Ah, there it was.

I smiled to myself, perhaps a little mischievously. With Daddy not around and Andrea not being here either, immediately one thing came to mind. . . heck yes, candy for breakfast!

I didn't even care if I got punished for it later. Right now, I was simply going to enjoy it as much as I possibly could.

Flipping on the tv, I got myself a nice cherry flavored lollypop, and lazily flopped down on the couch, awaiting Andrea's arrival so I wouldn't be as alone. As per usual, though, there really wasn't anything interesting on tv.

Oh, wait, right. . . Andy told me to call him.

I grabbed the phone and dialed his number, only having to wait a mere two seconds before he already picked up. "Baby." He breathed rather quickly, almost as if I'd scared him or something.

"Hey, Daddy." I greeted simply. "Is everything okay?" I then wanted to know. He hadn't said much, but it was enough for me to pick up that he sounded somewhat stressed. "Did something bad happen?"

Andy sighed softly in response. "Nothing that you need to worry about, baby girl. Hold on a second. . ." I could hear the phone being muffled, and vaguely I could hear Andy talking, but only because he was snarling at someone. He clearly wasn't happy.

Honestly, hearing him like that, I was relieved that he had never been that pissed at me, not even when I still worked for him. It did immediately make me get rid of my lollypop, though. Oops.

I heard Andy groaning, and I could tell that the phone was no longer muffled.

"I swear baby, finding someone who is as skilled at organizing my meetings as you were, is mighty hard. My current assistant is driving me crazy!" He then exclaimed tiredly. He sighed again, his chair squeaking in the background, and I could just imagine him sitting back and rubbing his face in frustration. I had seen him doing it plenty of times.