1.

Eden

I walked back to the moving truck, picking up another box and taking it upstairs. I struggled with this box a little more, it was heavier than the rest and more fragile, but I managed. Soon as I got to my door, the box slipped out of my arms, causing my glass dishes and cups to shatter all over the hall.

"Dammit" I cursed and began picking up the glass

"Man what the fuck is all that noise?" a man opened his door with the most unpleasant look on his face

"Sorry about that" I looked up at him, cracking a smile

He smacked his teeth and slammed his door shut.

Rude ass.

"You must be new in the building" an elderly woman walked over to me with a broom and dustpan

"Yes ma'am. Thank you"

"Looks like you gone have to do some dish shopping" she said

"Looks that way" I agreed with a small chuckle, sweeping up the mess

"I'm Ms. Erma"

"Nice to meet you Ms. Erma." I smiled "I'm Eden"

"Pretty name for a pretty young girl like yourself"

"Thanks" I smiled "And thanks for letting me use your broom" I said as I swept up the last bit of glass and handed it back to her

"No problem child."

"I should finish getting the last of my boxes, it's supposed to start raining" I picked up the box of shattered glass

"Alright. You be careful" she said before walking off

I threw the box in the dumpster and headed to the u-Haul to get another box. I took that one in and sat it in my apartment. Soon as I was headed to get another one, I heard thunder. Shortly after that, rain started pouring down.

I can't just leave my stuff in the truck

I looked through my box labeled "clothes" and found a jacket to slip on. I went back downstairs and quickly went in the truck, getting another box. I continued doing so until everything was inside. I was soaked and slightly tired by the time I was done. It wasn't a lot of boxes because I didn't bring much, but it seemed like a lot.

"Now where do I begin?" I placed my hands on my back, looking around at all the boxes in my new apartment

*

I was in the middle of setting up my room when my phone rang. I checked to see who it was and decided to let it go to voicemail.

This is a new beginning. No looking back on the past.

Wasgoodie 🤘🏾😎 it's ya girl Carlisha and I'm back at it with the writing and shit lil homie. I fell off for a minute, but a real G is back, ya heard?...

On a more serious note...This is my new book 😊 I don't know if I'm going to keep it up or not, I don't even know if I'm going to publish it. But I do know I'm enjoying writing it.

-Carlisha