Ms. H hissed standing in front of her desk
"All the time" the class said in unison

"And you still pass notes?"

She took her glasses from around her neck, scanning the paper.

Porter got up from his seat stopping her.

"Ms. H come on now. You don't really have to read that silly little note do you? Psh! it's nothing you'd be interested in" He reassured her nonchalantly approaching her desk.

"Oh really Porter? So you don't mind if I asked you to read it then?" She handled it over to him. His face drained of color.

"M-Ms.H"

"Don't Ms.H me. Go on. Read it" she sat on her desk front, arms crossed

"Out loud?" his voice squeaked making the class laugh. I didn't laugh nor smile.

"Yes of course" he turned to face the class, looking over at everyone.

His eyes locked on mine, Adam's apple bobbing up and down. He glanced down at his paper then at me.

Why does he keep looking at me? Is it about me?

He took a deep breath and began to read:

The fear of rejection was stopping me, but I don't have the time to waste.
I'm past cloud 9 when I place my hands around your waist.

I know lately things have been kind of crazy,
but there is no denying it girl, I want you to be my baby.

It's a poem!?!

I want to be the one you talk about, when you talk to your friends bout the one you loving.
The one you can run to, the one you can confide in.

I held my breath. This poem is so beautiful. Who could it be about?

I want to be the one to keep you warm when its cold,
give you a hand to hold.

His gaze met mine, hope filled his tense state. Longing and something unreadable was there.

I felt like he was reading to me. Or about me. My heart wrenched for him.

I turned my gaze away avoiding his intense stare.

Someone to depend on when life gets rough.
When your not here, pictures and dreams just aren't enough.

Sometimes I cant find the words to describe your beauty
and don't disagree, you look pretty damn hot to me—

Abruptly, the class burst into laugher and whistles. I held my breath looking around the classroom.

Why are they laughing?

Kendyl and I exchanged looks.

"It's not funny! Don't laugh!" She hissed angrily at the "dumbasses" in the back.

"Porter's whipped!" Dumbass #5 yelled

Porter shoved the paper in his pocket walking towards the door. He ruffled his hair kicking a trash can over in the process.