Chapter Eleven

I almost posted this as chapter twelve.... I need to work on my counting skillz XD I'm nawt a math person.  Anyway, thanks for all the votes and comments! Wanna see more of my work? Check out my two others stories, Remembering Shayley and How My Life Became Complete Chaos! :D It would mean the world to me :) And I hit 100 fans!!!!!  Whoop! Love ya'll sooooo much. Really. Truly. Utterly. Absolutley! :D 

Anyway, this chapter is back to Alyssa's POV, right after she asked Ethan the question. So get readin!!! :D Quota at the end of the chapter. Happy Reading! 

******************************************************************************************************************

"What was the Queen saying to you?" I asked. 

Ethan looked nervously at the ground, avoiding my eyes like he always did when he was trying to hide something. 

"Nuttin," he mumbled. 

"Don't lie to me, Ethan," I said, poking him hard on the shoulder. I gasped when the tingle of a shock went through my hand and quickly dropped my arm. Note to self, avoid contact with Ethan when angry. 

"Ally, please don't make me tell you," he whined. 

"Ethan, don't make me make you tell me," I imatated him. 

"Ally, please," he said seriously. 

I softened. "Why don't you want to tell me?" 

"Cause," he muttered. 

"Ethan," I said in a warning tone. 

"Fine," he said, grabbing my hand. Even though I'd held Ethan's hand about a billion times, this time it felt different. I loved the tingles of electricity in my hand this time. 

"Story please," I said. 

He sighed. "When I first met you, I thought you were so beautiful. Not just of because of how you looked, but because how strong you were. You didn't cry, ever. And when you were insisting that you go off alone, I had this feeling, right in my gut, that I had to do everything I could to get you to stay. You were, and still are, the strongest person I know," he began. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, listening. 

"All I wanted to do was protect you, make sure you were safe. I couldn't believe that this Jason had thrown away the best thing that could ever happen to him. He made you feel like trash. But to me, you weren't. You were like this light, so strong, and pretty. I needed you as much as you needed me. And so slowly. Slowly....." he trailed off. 

I waited for him to continue. Ethan took a deep breath. 

"I fell in love with you," he whispered, like he'd never said the words aloud. My eyes widened in shock. 

"What?!" I blurted out. He sighed heavily again. 

"I fell in love with you, Alyssa Brynn Carter. All of you. I loved your smile, your strength, your laugh, your eyes, the way you were my best friend so fast, as if we'd been like that forever. I didn't know what to do about it, because I knew we weren't mates. That killed me. Knowing that you were going to live this life, alone, and I couldn't help you, because someone out there was waiting for me. I didn't want this other, non existant girl. I wanted you. I just want you," he said.

“And so I was scared for my birthday. I didn’t want it to come, knowing I would have to be with someone that wasn’t you. When we came here, and the Queen was telling you about your second chance mate, I was beyond mad. You were gonna leave me for this other guy. You were gonna fall in love with someone you’d never met, and I was gonna be left behind. The Queen felt my anger or something, and she entered my thoughts. She knew that I’d fallen in love with you. She said that fate had planned this a long time ago. She said that she could make you mine, if I wanted. I wanted that more than anything in the world. So she chose me for you. Because I already loved you,” he whispered softly.